This Business Analyst role within the Operations – Opportunities and Investments team supports a variety of deal flow, reporting, and programmatic efforts, working across UPMCE Enterprises teams to coordinate and enhance the entire organization's performance.
The Analyst will drive the initial engagement with, research of, and recommendation of the opportunities coming into UPMC Enterprises and identify where within the organization it best fits for further due diligence. They will be responsible for maintaining relationships across investment, product, and corporate teams to understand, coordinate and communicate work across teams.
The Analyst will manage the Operations – Opportunities and Investment team's weekly and quarterly reporting responsibilities related to opportunities and UPMC Enterprises Customer Resource Management system. By studying market research, following industry trends, understanding market needs, and playing an active role in the healthcare technology community, they bring contextualized recommendations to the UPMC Enterprises’ product development and investment teams based on strategic objectives. This role will additionally include ad hoc project management responsibilities for new and ongoing operational imperatives and university-based programs
- Evaluate incoming projects and business opportunities for alignment with existing program and team focus areas
- Works with product and investment teams, project managers, and team staff to identify problem areas and applicable solutions
- Manage relationships and actively engage with entrepreneurs and startup companies interested in potential partnerships with UPMC Enterprises
- Manage and guide relationships across the UPMC Enterprises business unit
- Manage multiple projects and timelines within multiple industry domains and across one or more university and other external partners.
- Conducts market and business analyses
- Track performance of select projects against short- and long-term goals and communicate activities, statuses, and accomplishments for projects within the program.
- Create, maintain, and continuously improve ability to report on performance metrics for the organization – understanding UPMC's core strengths, gaps and programs
- Manages and develops UPMC Enterprises Customer Research Management system and related reporting
- Identifies and builds relationships with clinical/administrative champions in UPMC and Health Plan
- Builds out deep understanding of UPMC Enterprises capabilities, resources, assets and gaps
- Supports training, coaching and development of other team members regarding operational processes and standards
- Performs all above in accordance with system-wide competencies/behaviors
- Performs special projects and other duties supporting the Chief Operating Officers' goals
B.S. degree in a quantitative field of study with a minimum of 1-2 years of relevant experience in business development, strategy, marketing or finance
MS or Ph.D. preferred
Familiarity with business issues, or the ability to quickly learn
Understanding of healthcare and healthcare IT
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
Excellent organizational and analytical skills with strong technical abilities
Product management/design experience
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran