Sorry, we’re not accepting applications for this job right now. But don’t go yet! Explore our site
to find more opportunities to join us in transforming the future of health care.
The MyUPMC team is looking for an Associate Software Test Engineer to provide quality assurance to all parts of UPMC's patient portal platform and its 800k+ active users. This role will work with a variety of full-stack software developers and help optimize new features and offerings that can have life-impacting outcomes.
The primary role of the Associate Software Test Engineer is to verify and validate requirements for given features within a project to ensure compliance with quality standards and customer needs. This individual will assist with the testing strategy, review requirements and specifications for clarity, design test cases, and execute tests in an Agile/SCRUM-based software development model.
The role will require a broad background in computer science, the application of many different programming languages, a complete set of programming/debugging skills, ability to adapt and change, and an aptitude for continuous learning.
- Create defect reports with detailed steps, environmental conditions, and other details as needed to reliably reproduce the issue
- Become proficient with the tools and techniques used for automation and manual testing
- Acquire a deep understanding of the product requirements and technologies
- Learn about our SDLC process, how the test engineer fits into that process, and begin to explore ways to improve the process
- Create automated test cases
- Collaborate with members of the engineering and product/project staff to understand features, product goals, methods of development, and other items as necessary
- Participate in group and departmental meetings
- Create, edit, and run manual and automated test cases that cover all aspects of the feature to be tested with assistance
- Assure traceability of requirements between test cases and product requirements
- Development and debugging sections of the testing framework and tools
- Actively participate in process meetings such as daily scrum, sprint demos, and retrospectives
- Identify knowledge gaps and work towards filling those gaps
Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field from an accredited university is required or has acquired core software test engineering skills and knowledge via practical experience
Working knowledge of at least one object-oriented language (Java, Kotlin, Swift, C++, etc)
Demonstrates understanding of the fundamental tools and concepts of Software Quality Assurance
Git command line experience
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Team player with the ability to work collaboratively as well as individually
Experience working with Protractor or other web end-to-end testing frameworks
Experience working with Junit
Experience testing iOS and Android applications
Mocking API calls and test data
Performance/load testing experience
Experience with container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
Experience working with cloud computing services such as AWS
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran