The Cloud Infrastructure Engineer will participate with other members of the Cloud Infrastructure Service (CIS) team on engineering projects and daily operations. The Cloud Engineer will collaborate and communicate with end-users, software development teams, other departments and outside constituents that interact with the CIS team. Cloud Infrastructure Engineers provide services and solutions that further project goals using a Cloud-First strategy.
Cloud Infrastructure Services (CIS) at UPMC Enterprises is a team of certified cloud specialists that works with large health systems, medium-sized organizations, early-stage startups, small product development teams and everything in between. With broad and deep Cloud knowledge and experience the team is capable of delivering a wide range of services which includes but is not limited to cloud-native strategies and technical feasibility studies, Cloud design and advisory services, Cloud infrastructure implementation, and Managed Services for the Cloud (MSC). The CIS team provides the services and insight to ensure customers can focus on the needs of their projects and their customers.
- Document Cloud architectures, policies and procedures. Performs research and analysis required for project proposals, system modifications, and new products.
- Execute on technical design, delivery, and architecture on major new platforms and products for a team of engineers.
- Follow procedures and maintain scripts to deploy software onto new and existing Cloud server infrastructure.
- Review Cloud tool sets regularly for efficiency and cost for performance.
- Support rapid Cloud solution implementations and customer engagements related to Cloud computing solutions.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned, including responding to problems in an on-call situation 24 hours a day during a rotation.
- A candidate must have 2+ years' systems engineering experience with a proven track record of participating in small to medium-sized solutions projects of moderate complexity.
- Minimum One (1) year of experience with Cloud computing technologies and techniques
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud services.
- One (1) year of experience with private and public Cloud design considerations and limitations in the areas of virtualization and global infrastructure, distributed systems, load balancing and networking, massive data storage, and security.
- Strong analytical, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge in Information Security, Data Privacy and regulatory compliance as it pertains to data.
- Working knowledge of Cloud services in relation to current HIPAA regulations.
- Ability to request information and provide status on the testing state of the installation process to broad groups of development, infrastructure and downstream groups.
- Working knowledge of object-oriented and scripting languages such as ruby, bash, PHP, python.
- Working knowledge of systems architecture technologies such as Linux, Amazon Web Services and container technologies Kubernetes and Docker.
- Working knowledge of common software engineering tools such as GIT, JIRA, Artifactory, Confluence or similar.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
A preferred candidate would have any of the following:
- AWS certifications:
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate
- AWS Certified Developer - Associate
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran