Sorry, we’re not accepting applications for this job right now. But don’t go yet! Explore our site
to find more opportunities to join us in transforming the future of health care.
At UPMC Enterprises, we transform ideas into thriving businesses and life-changing medicine. UPMC Enterprises has a diverse spectrum of investment, partnership and product development initiatives that are aligned to achieve this vision. These initiatives include direct investment in early-stage digital solution and life sciences companies, seeding basic university research, de novo technology development, and company formation with the expressed goal of harvesting those investments for the benefit of UPMC and or driving unique operational value to the rest of the UPMC health system through the use of new technologies.
This Program Manager position will join the Operations – Opportunities and Investment team. The Operations – Opportunities and Investment team works across all UPMC Enterprises developing and driving initiatives to connect staff with people, information, processes, and opportunities that fuel the success of individual projects and elevates the performance of the organization. The Operations – Opportunities and Investments team drives value from being connected a mile wide and an inch deep within the organization, allowing it to operate as an information conduit and operational coordinator. The Team has many responsibilities that specifically include: coordinating incoming deal flow, maintaining the Customer Resource Management system, actively connecting people within UPMC Enterprises and the larger UPMC health system, and administering a key partnership program called the Pittsburgh Health Data Alliance.
The Program Manager will have roles and responsibilities across all the Operations – Opportunities and Investment team charter, based on the specific experience and interests of the individual and the needs of the organization.
- Work with an assigned UPMC Enterprises team regularly to understand and document existing work and share that information regularly with the Operations – Opportunities and Investment team and other UPMC Enterprises staff.
- Lead multiple Operations projects and programs across entire organization, with responsibility for developing, monitoring, and executing project plans, schedules, budgets, and deliverables.
- Support the mission and operations of the Pittsburgh Health Data Alliance, working with all partners to achieve program goals.
- Work collaboratively with UPMC Enterprises staff to identify and build the case for new programming and initiatives.
- Coordinate communication across UPMC Enterprises and the rest of UPMC’s Health System and develop a network of stakeholders.
- Build, manage and improve existing reporting and analytics responsibilities.
- Perform in accordance with system-wide competencies/behaviors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree; MS preferred
- 5+ years of experience in managing projects, of a large scale and a high level of complexity. Prior work with product or service implementation or healthcare operations required.
- Strong organization and project management skill: planning, coordinating, prioritizing, and delivering against objectives
- Proven ability to be a proactive advocate and negotiator, setting appropriate expectations and building effective, long-term cross-team relationships
- Self-starter and independent thinker, who can manage his or her own daily work, operate smoothly under pressure, balance competing priorities and delivery effectively
- Demonstrated experience and comfortability leading with influence and collaboration
- Ability to focus on the big picture within a constantly changing, fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to ramp up quickly and work across boundaries to provide value
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to persuade and influence others
- Experience presenting information to C-level executive management teams
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran