Sorry, we’re not accepting applications for this job right now. But don’t go yet! Explore our site
to find more opportunities to join us in transforming the future of health care.
Novasenta’s mission is to transform medicine by enabling innovative drug discovery at the interface of disease, immunity, and metabolism. Novasenta uses a next-generation drug discovery approach combining unique experimental and computational tools to explore the human tumor microenvironment and discover novel therapeutically relevant targets and drugs.
The successful candidate is responsible for the design and implementation of in vivo and ex vivo studies to support our R&D portfolio. These efforts will ultimately lead to the identification/development of drug candidates and the generation of compelling preclinical data packages to progress promising drug discovery projects toward clinical development.
- Actively participates in the scientific dialogue of the group and proactively collaborates with colleagues.
- Develop in-depth scientific knowledge in the area of research focus and contribute to the decision-making on project direction.
- Provide scientific expertise and train/direct team members in relevant research planning, design and technical execution.
- Contribute towards immunophenotyping, biomarker, and/or anti-drug antibody projects across the portfolio.
- Bring in new technologies and approaches to improve or add on to existing disease model platforms that better predict clinical response.
- Work collaboratively across disciplines to develop and implement aggressive work plans and timelines.
- Use expert in vivo technical skills to support our oncology platform by:
- Developing and working with various in vivo models of cancer including but not limited to subcutaneous xenograft models, disseminated models, PDX models, humanized models and metastatic models.
- Conducting in vivo pharmacology studies (tolerability, PK/PD and efficacy) and delivering comprehensive in vivo pharmacology data package to support both early and late stage drug discovery programs.
- Conducting biomarker profiling of tissue samples to explore mechanisms of tumor response and resistance using both traditional and novel technologies /approaches.
- Report to the Director of Research Operations, to investigate and validate the most promising targets within the tumor microenvironment for the development of therapeutics.
- Masters of Science or Ph.D. in Pharmacology or related field with 3+ years of relevant experience in industry or academic research lab setting.
- Demonstrated expertise in generating and working with various animal models in an industry setting.
- Demonstrate proficiency and flexibility in working with various programs and databases to capture all study data for broad access by project teams and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and analyze PD biomarkers in tumor, tissue and blood samples using various methodologies; high proficiency conducting Western blots, ELISA, MSD and FACS assays.
- Ability to lead from the bench in problem-solving and in the development of innovative solutions.
- Proven ability to successfully drive and lead research projects.
- Demonstrated record of success with strong publication record.
- The ideal candidate has demonstrated success in highly dynamic research and/or biotech setting
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interpret, summarize, and present scientific results in a clear, concise, accurate manner to both technical and non-technical audiences
- 4+ years of experience post PhD, with preferably at least 2 years of experience in an industry setting.
- Experience delivering all aspects of in vivo pharmacology studies in mouse tumor models, including dose-finding tolerability studies, PK/PD studies, and efficacy studies.
- Good understanding of bioinformatic tools and experience working closely with bioinformatic experts
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran