UPMC Enterprises is hiring a Lead Data Engineer to join the Data Engineering Team!
The Data Engineering team is comprised of first-class analysts and engineers that provide data support for development opportunities and create custom end-to-end integration solutions. The ideal candidate for the Lead Data Engineer is a motivated data enthusiast that is looking to mentor and manage a pool of talented Data Engineers in addition to leading complex integration projects utilizing SDLC principles and following a SCRUM methodology.
If you are looking for an opportunity to step into a leadership position and work within a space where there is upward growth to learn new and exciting things, then we encourage you to apply today!
- Accept and sign off on Junior members' work if required.
- As a project needs access to data to solve an issue, the data engineer will be responsible to plan and execute the necessary steps to propose a solution to get the appropriate data.
- Lead a team on the research and implementation on a larger project, which will consist of multiple data models, maps, and workflows. Be the contact for the team and participate in the prioritization and execution of the work.
- Work with Engineering on best implementation and use of the data to solve a business problem.
- Work independently on user stories, can own and work on story grooming and execution when needed.
- Own an area of expertise within the common healthcare systems. Act as an SME within the team and the go-to person with questions in area of expertise.
- Participation in the Data Engineering group Kanban process, with appropriate attention paid to grooming, prioritization, definition of ready, definition of done.
- As this position feeds the scrum process for the engineering teams, delivery of the work in a timely manner and at a high quality is paramount. Estimation of work effort and drive to complete on time is necessary.
- Assist in the education and mentoring of new members of the team, primarily in process and procedure.
- Ability to work cooperatively and constructively with many other teams and roles. Be a problem solver.
- Act as a data SME for common healthcare systems. Understand the data, its usage and meaning
- This position is ultimately responsible to address the organization's need for accurate, timely and thoughtful data analysis work using the resources within the organization.
- Own the KPI for the team being led and look at ways to increase efficiencies and quality.
- Participate in implementation as needed. Can be as an advisor, or in some cases SQL or engineering work may be required (Mirth).
- Act as a representative of the team with stakeholder groups. Facilitate interactions for items such as grooming, prioritization, acceptance with key members of the stakeholder group.
- Work with management on strategic decisions around workflow and process. Look for areas where team can increase throughput without sacrificing quality.
- The data engineer is responsible document the data and sources in a way that can be executed on by an engineering group.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or healthcare-related field and 7+ years relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Must have knowledge of regulatory requirements, and healthcare domain experience.
Relational database design and development.
SQL programming fundamentals.
Knowledge of Health Care Finance and Operations is desirable.
Prior expertise with EPIC, CERNER, Imaging or healthcare financial data.
Prior Informatics work is a plus.
Prior team leadership and supervision is a plus.
- Experience with Scrum Methodology is a plus
Flexible work arrangements are available
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran