Under the direction of management and more senior members of the team, the Software Engineer - Technical Lead will contribute to the overall Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) by independently completing projects and tasks by meeting established quality measures. The Software Engineer Technical Lead will coordinate and delegate resources to lead new software projects which will deliver significant impact in the Healthcare space. The focus of this position will be to reach a mastery level of the technology stack and mentor less experienced team members while delivering products that solve difficult customer problem. Additionally, the Software Engineer - Tech Lead is responsible for defining technical requirements, proofs of concept (PoC’s) and detailed designs based on customer requirements and defined enterprise architecture standards.
Join a collaborative team of engineers, test engineers and product analysts to develop a cutting-edge data platform for next generation patient management and information extraction. This team is responsible for feature improvements, service development, SRE activities and customer success. The platform you will support plays a significant role in both UPMC operations as well as supporting commercial customers, bringing to bear the latest tools in NLP, AWS, micro service design, security and automated tool chains. This is a challenging but rewarding space in every way from the inherent problems in the Healthcare vertical, distributed system design to large data system considerations with a team that is constantly striving to push the envelope and deliver on hard problems.
- Project Management - Responsible for time tracking and updating documentation. Plan and lead projects, including staff coordination. Collaborate with other technical teams, as appropriate, for successful completion of projects. Lead POC Evaluations.
- Security - Validate and review secure processes and protocols. Ensure that processes/protocols are followed by junior level staff.
- Application Development Cycle - Show the ability to define how to use different SDLCs. Establish process around SDLCs.
- Design - Implement the overall system design. Exhibit awareness of user experience standards.
- Interactions with Others - Successfully completes projects, tasks, and initiatives by embracing a team-first approach. Works in collaboration with team and offers feedback, where appropriate, to complete individual and group efforts. Shows the ability to adjust and be flexible to change by adapting approach when necessary. Mentors less experienced staff.
- Troubleshooting - Solve multiple issues concurrently. Coordinate, delegate, and mentor less experienced staff with issue resolution.
- Self Development - Responsible for continuous self-study, trainings, partnering with management and more senior members of team, and/or seeking out opportunities to broaden scope to stay up to date with industry and organizational trends. Seeks feedback from management and more senior team members for development and effectively incorporates feedback into work and behaviors.
- Documentation - Create detail-oriented documentation that outlines new and moderately complex processes. Responsible for quality and validity of documentation.
- Quality - Demonstrate the ability to conduct code review of others.
- Communication - Responsible for demonstrating appropriate, clear, concise, and effective written and oral communications in all interactions to build relationships and accomplish day to day work and projects.
- Integration - Responsible for more complex integration between modules.
- Typically has 7+ years of related work experience.
- Experience with Java/Ruby/Angular and RESTful APIs.
- Experience with Dockerized application development.
- Experience with complex development environments, taking abstract concepts and ideas and formulating a detailed software deliverable.
- Experience in developing on cross-functional systems.
- Experience triaging and debugging complex system and data interactions
- Deep knowledge of developing complete systems. Mastery of the SDLC.
- Mastery of the SDLC.
- Highly driven and self-motivated to exceed expectations.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrated ability to lead in a team based environment.
- Proficient in both oral and written communication.
- Experience with AWS/ Kubernetes strongly preferred.
- FHIR experience preferred.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran