As a member of the Data + Analytics team, the Project Delivery Manager will oversee the delivery of data analytics projects through their complete lifecycle. Using appropriate development frameworks, the manager will ensure that projects are delivered on time, meet the business & technical requirements as well as the customers' acceptance criteria.The primary responsibility of this position is to get stuff done! Activities include collaborating and coordinating the efforts for our ETL development and service delivery such as collecting requirements, design work, creating documentation, managing solution and service rollouts, verifying operational readiness and deploying a working system. The manager represents the needs of the customer and project; aligning resources and priorities for the management team, data engineers, design team, analysts, quality assurance and third-party partners.The Project Delivery Manager meets with stakeholders to understand business / end user requirements; using this information to define the scope of the project and develop technical specifications for data processing design, data storage and data validation across Prodigo?s chain of custody.Additionally, the Project Delivery Manager may assist with creating new applications/visualizations for the data, develop enhancements to the data and fix inaccuracies in existing data to meet business requirements, data quality standards and support application development requirements.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, including senior management, technical staff and executives.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel; providing data + technical consultation in support of business and technology initiatives.
- Monitors/oversees the testing of business applications to verify that all client requirements are incorporated into the system design.
- Participates in technical reviews and inspection of outputs to verify 'customer intent' is carried through the entire project.
- Provides time estimates for project related tasks and change requests.
- Provides updates on assigned projects; identifying any potential issues or risks that could affect the successful completion of the project and modifying project plans to meet client needs.
- Manages the project process and tracks progress against milestones, deadlines and budget; taking responsibility for their delivery using agile and more formal techniques as appropriate and reporting these items to key stakeholders.
- Produces project documentation which translates requirements into technical specifications; providing instruction to the Technical team on delivery of the final work product.
- Works with clients and staff to understand technical and business case requirements and acceptance criteria to provide recommendations on project design and implementation based on best practices and efficiencies.
Copy from Internal Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- Master's degree is preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in managing multiple concurrent software development projects of a large scale and a high level of complexity or 5+ years technical work experience in ETL or data management, preferably for large, complex data sets consumed in enterprise systems.
- Experience working with financial, clinical and/or supply chain datasets is an asset.
- Healthcare experience is preferred but not required.
- PMP certification preferred.
- Strong planning and organizing skills including the ability to manage several work streams simultaneously.
- Determination and focus to drive projects through to implementation.
- Excellent communication skills with a capacity to present, discuss and explain issues coherently and logically both in writing and verbally.
- Good influencing and persuasion skills with the ability to enthuse and inspire multidisciplinary teams and build successful relationships at all levels.
- Good team player, self-motivated and able to work on own initiative.
- Clear decision-making ability with the facility to judge complex situations and assess when to escalate issues.
- Ability to balance conflicting and changing demands through prioritization and a pragmatic approach
- Strong working knowledge of relational databases [MS SQL] and business solutions software [MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio].
- Experience working with financial, clinical and/or supply chain datasetsHealthcare experience preferred but not required
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vetera