Sorry, we’re not accepting applications for this job right now. But don’t go yet! Explore our site
to find more opportunities to join us in transforming the future of health care.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the CEO. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
- Works closely with the CEO in a fast paced, startup environment - to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Interacts with staff at all levels, exciting start-up environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Responsible for calendar management for executives, requiring interaction with both internal and external executives/ assistants to coordinate a variety of complex executive meetings. Answers company phones and directs all incoming calls to appropriate party promptly and efficiently.
- Prioritizes and manages multiple projects simultaneously, and follows through on issues in a timely manner. Arranges travel schedule and reservations for executives/ senior staff, expense management for CEO and executives, recruits, etc. as needed.
- Maintains accurate filing systems with the highest regard for confidentiality, organization, and timely retrieval of documents. Processes incoming and outgoing mail. Maintains confidentiality of mail addressed to the CEO.
- Records and distributes minutes and other relevant information to appropriate participants in a timely manner. Performs other duties as assigned, including managing company reception area, visitors or other functions that may be assigned from time to time etc..
- High school Diploma or equivalent.
- 8 years experience in an increasingly responsible administrative support role.
- 5+ years experience with support at the executive level.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Emotional maturity.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates proficiency in core MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of complex executive meetings.
- Experience scheduling travel arrangements for management.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran