Under the general direction of management, this Senior position requires a high degree of experienced technical attributes, analytical capabilities, ability to perform tasks such as: defining project plans, implementing and/or maintaining Cloud environments, and providing services to meet client and business needs within budget and targeted deadlines.
- Document Cloud architectures, policies and procedures. Performs research and analysis required for project proposals, system modifications, and new products.
- Support rapid Cloud solution implementations and customer engagements related to Cloud computing solutions.
- Own the overall system design, architecture, security, scalability, reliability and performance of Cloud infrastructure.
- Plan and execute on technical design, delivery, and architecture on major new platforms and products for a team of engineers.
- Review Cloud tool sets regularly for efficiency and cost for performance. Conduct research on cloud environment issues and attend meetings to propose technical solutions for user requests.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned, including responding to problems in an on-call situation 24 hours a day during a rotation.
- Provide Senior leadership as a team member of the Cloud Infrastructure team around current best practices on techniques, process and new technologies pertaining to Cloud environments and market delivery.
- Define procedures and create scripts to deploy software onto new and existing Cloud server infrastructure.
- A candidate must have 4+ years' systems engineering experience with a proven track record of leading medium sized to large sized solutions projects of moderate complexity.
- Minimum Two (2) years' experience with Cloud computing technologies and techniques
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud services.
- Previous experience with developing an Enterprise Cloud Strategy and direct experience with deploying business applications to the Cloud.
- Experience with developing and deploying solution proof of concepts and Cloud service offerings and how they can address business needs.
- Two (2) years' experience with private and public Cloud design considerations and limitations in the areas of virtualization and global infrastructure, distributed systems, load balancing and networking, massive data storage, and security.
- Strong analytical, communication and problem solving skills.
- Working knowledge of application and data integration technologies and patterns.
- Working knowledge in Information Security, Data Privacy and regulatory compliance as it pertains to data.
- Working knowledge of Cloud services in relation to current HIPAA regulations.
- Ability to request information and provide status on the testing state of the installation process to broad groups of development, infrastructure and downstream groups.
- Track record of successful high quality delivery of complex systems, despite ambiguity in priorities and requirements.
- Working knowledge of object oriented and scripting languages such as ruby, bash, PHP, python.
- Working knowledge of systems architecture technologies such as Linux, Amazon Web Services and container technologies Kubernetes and Docker.
- Working knowledge of common software engineering tools such as GIT, JIRA, Artifactory, Confluence or similar.Experience with SAAS solutions, application hosting environments as well as working with Software Developers.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
A preferred candidate would have two of the following three AWS certifications:AWS Certified Solutions ArchitectAWS Certified DeveloperAWS Certified SysOps AdministratorAnd one of the following:AWS Certified Solutions Architect - ProfessionalAWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran