Sorry, we’re not accepting applications for this job right now. But don’t go yet! Explore our site
to find more opportunities to join us in transforming the future of health care.
Prodigo Solutions is seeking a professional, skilled Software Engineer, Associate to develop, create, and modify web application enterprise software as a SaaS solution. The Software Engineer will be tasked with developing solutions based on specifications or requirements. The candidate will work with other team members to define and deliver solutions that demonstrate feasibility, performance, and user experience. Our ideal candidate will have a knack for designing, maintaining and customizing web application software. The candidate may analyze databases as well within an application area, working individually or coordinating database development as part of a team. The role will require a background in computer science, the application of many different programming languages, a complete set of programming/debugging skills, ability to adapt and change, and an aptitude for continuous learning. The candidate will be able to expand their role into defining and leading new software projects which will deliver significant impact.
- Collaborate with other team members on a daily basis to provide status updates, recommendations for improvements, and other inputs of a world class development organization.
- Adhere to established software development processes, analyze all issues and monitor effective resolutions.
- Apply fundamental principles and best practices within provided solutions to maintain standardization across various managed code modules.
- Ability to troubleshoot, debug, and maintain existing enterprise software plus introduce new functionality to an enterprise software solution.
- Updates job knowledge by studying programming techniques, best practices, and reading professional publications.
- Ability to consistently produce clean, testable, efficient code based on specifications and requirements and delivering tested solutions that meet the specifications within scheduled time.
- Ability to support and work under the direction of the senior software engineer by providing services related to coding.
- Communicate project activities, statuses, accomplishments, outstanding issues, schedule variances, and strategic direction both orally and in written communication.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science,
- Computer Engineering, or a related field from an accredited university, or has acquired core software development skills and knowledge via practical experience.
- Prefer 1 year of experience in complex development environments, taking abstract concepts and ideas and formulating a detailed software engineering plan to deliver.
- Hands-on programming experience using relevant languages and tool suites.
- Query and version control systems.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, writing and debugging SQL statements, stored procedures, and UDFs in TSQL.
- Postgress SQL knowledge a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team to create solutions.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- High initiative and be self-motivated to exceed expectations.
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude coupled with focus and follow-through.
- Knowledge of agile methodologies and the SDLC.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran