Under the direction of management and more senior members of the team, the Software Engineer - Senior will contribute to the overall Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) by independently completing projects and tasks by meeting established quality measures. The Software Engineer - Senior will be able to expand their role into defining and leading new software projects which will deliver significant impact. The focus of this position will be to reach a mastery level of the technology stack and mentor less experienced team members.
- Integration - Responsible for more complex integration between modules.
- Troubleshooting - Solve multiple issues concurrently. Coordinate, delegate, and mentor less experienced staff with issue resolution.
- Documentation - Create detail-oriented documentation that outlines new and moderately complex processes. Responsible for quality and validity of documentation.
- Security - Validate and review secure processes and protocols. Ensure that processes/protocols are followed by junior level staff.
- Project Management - Has ownership in success of projects. Responsible for estimating and delivering on individual task within project. Shows the ability to be responsible for project timelines.
- Software Solutions - Develop, validate and implement software solutions based on customer requirements, Enterprise architecture standards and defined project designs.
- Quality - Demonstrate the ability to conduct code review of others.
- Application Development Cycle - Demonstrate the understanding of multiple SDLCs.
- Design - Implement the overall system design. Exhibit awareness of user experience standards.
- Communication - Responsible for demonstrating appropriate, clear, concise, and effective written and oral communications in all interactions to build relationships and accomplish day to day work and projects.
- Self Development - Responsible for continuous self-study, trainings, partnering with more senior members of team, and/or seeking out opportunities to broaden scope to stay up to date with industry and organizational trends. Seeks feedback from senior team members for development and effectively incorporates feedback into work and behaviors.
- Interactions with Others - Successfully completes projects, tasks, and initiatives by embracing a team-first approach. Works in collaboration with team and offers feedback, where appropriate, to complete individual and group efforts. Shows the ability to adjust and be flexible to change by adapting approach when necessary. Mentors less experienced staff.
- Typically has 5+ years of related work experience.
- Experience with complex development environments, taking abstract concepts and ideas and formulating a detailed software deliverable
- Experience in developing on cross-functional systems
- Deep knowledge of developing complete systemsMastery of the SDLC
- Highly driven and self-motivated to exceed expectations
- Ability to work independently and demonstrated ability to lead in a team based environment
- Proficient in both oral and written communication
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran