Sorry, we’re not accepting applications for this job right now. But don’t go yet! Explore our site
to find more opportunities to join us in transforming the future of health care.
This position will provide input into the design and implementation of UPMC Enterprises systems through the analysis and documenting of Clinical, Financial and other systems data. The Senior Data Engineering professional will analyze and assess the data needs of projects and recommend the appropriate data and sources to fill those needs. Other duties include documentation, mapping, modeling of these proposals. Additionally, the Senior Data Engineer can be put into service to get representative data samples or even to participate in the design and development of new fetch mechanisms (such as Mirth) as the project requires. Finally, this position will have numerous external interfaces, to the development team as an SME, to Executive Management on escalation and status, to the operational owners of the data for research purposes. This position will be required to manage multiple project priorities and prioritize work.
- Participate in implementation as needed. Can be as an advisor, or in some cases SQL or engineering work may be required (Mirth).
- Ability to work cooperatively and constructively with many other teams and roles. Be a problem solver.
- As this position feeds the scrum process for the engineering teams, delivery of the work in a timely manner and at a high quality is paramount. Estimation of work effort and drive to complete on time is necessary.
- Ability to refine project definition and execute on increasingly complex user stories or groups of like user stories.
- Responsible documenting the data and sources in a way that can be executed on by an engineering group.
- Participation in the Data Engineering group Kanban process, with appropriate attention paid to grooming, prioritization, definition of ready, definition of done.
- As a project needs access to data to solve an issue, will be responsible to plan and execute the necessary steps to propose a solution to get the appropriate data.
- Accept and sign off on Junior members work if required.
- This position is ultimately responsible to address the organization's need for accurate, timely and thoughtful data analysis work using the resources within the organization.
- Assist in the education and mentoring of new members of the team, primarily in process and procedure.
- Work with management on strategic decisions around workflow and process. Look for areas where team can increase throughput without sacrificing quality.
- Work independently on user stories, can own and work on story grooming and execution when needed.
- Own interaction with a team or project, act as the Data Engineering group's point of contact where needed.
- Own an area of expertise within the common healthcare systems. Act as an SME within the team and the go-to person with questions in area of expertise.
- Work with Engineering on best implementation and use of the data to solve a business problem.
- Act as a data SME for common healthcare systems. Understand the data, its usage and meaning.
-Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or healthcare related field and 7+ years relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
-Analytic minded, end-to-end pipeline integration experience.
-FHIR experience strongly preferred.
-AWS cloud (S3, Lambda, RDS, Glue, Athena), Camel, Spring, JSON, SQL, Python, Java, Java script – strongly preferred.
-Must have knowledge of regulatory requirements, and healthcare domain experience.
-Relational data base design and development.
-Knowledge of Health Care Finance and Operations is desirable.
-Prior expertise with EPIC, CERNER, Imaging or healthcare financial data desired.
-Scripting, coding or other engineering experience required.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran