Sorry, we’re not accepting applications for this job right now. But don’t go yet! Explore our site
to find more opportunities to join us in transforming the future of health care.
With the support of Marketing senior leadership, the Lead Communications Specialist strategize, develop, and implement marketing and communication projects to promote UPMC Enterprises and its portfolio companies, and company/product launches. Help direct marketing, communication and sales support strategies for internal and external audiences related to health care innovation and technology.
- Demonstrate service-oriented behavior in interactions with clients and co-workers.
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize projects appropriately.
- Complete projects on time and within budget, sharing milestones as required.
- Monitor project budgets; handle approvals and other client relations when appropriate and take responsibility for accuracy and effectiveness of information communicated.
- Support the development of methods to evaluate communications projects based on effectiveness and cost/benefits, and document the results.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in other teams and departments at UPMC Enterprises and with departments across the organization to reach internal and external communications targets, and coordinate with pertinent scientific and professional organizations to promote assigned areas.
- Write and/or edit copy for digital channels, publications, letters, advertisements, audio/visual presentations, speeches, and other communication programs to diverse audiences, including academics, entrepreneurs, physicians, and software engineers.
- With senior members of the marketing and communications team, develop and implement strategic plans to increase UPMC Enterprises brand visibility and awareness locally and nationally.
- Develop and activate marketing plans for pre-launch and early stage companies.
- Serve as a marketing consultant to internal and external clients and partners.
- Manage the research, writing, design and production of marketing materials for UPMC Enterprises and portfolio companies, including both projects developed and spun out of UPMC and its strategic partners.
- Provide data-driven marketing insights and demonstrate a current knowledge of marketing platforms and channels.
- Assist in the preparation and execution of strategies to achieve marketing and communication goals that support UPMC Enterprises business objectives, including employee retention and recruitment, inbound business opportunities, product and company launches, and brand recognition.
-Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, communications, or a related field.
-Minimum of 3 years of experience in a marketing/communications position or related field.
-Project Management experience required with a keen attention to detail. Must have excellent multitasking and organizational skills.
-Experience providing clients with marketing counsel preferred.
-Demonstrated understanding of digital and traditional marketing best practices. Agency experience a plus.
-Experience in technology or health care industry is preferred.
-Excellent writing skills in order to develop and edit copy for newsletters, advertisements, presentations, case studies, reports, white papers, web, social media, and other communication programs.
-Ability to communicate and collaborate with a broad range of people, including software engineers, product managers, entrepreneurs, medical professionals, academics, and corporate leaders.
-Ability to translate scientific/medical/financial/regulatory information to a lay person's understanding.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran