UPMC Enterprises is currently looking for a full-time Senior Marketing and Communications Manager to support its location at Bakery Square in Pittsburgh. This senior position will strategize, develop, and implement marketing and communication plans to promote UPMC Enterprises and its portfolio companies, and company/product launches with a core focus on Digital Solutions.
This position will work closely with portfolio companies and new startups to develop a deep understanding of their businesses and provide strategic marketing and communications recommendations to raise brand awareness and generate leads. This position also will support UPMC Enterprises marketing, content development, and analytics efforts.
- Engage directly with senior leadership on the Digital Solutions team to provide strategic guidance and marketing expertise relating to pipeline growth, investment prospects, company formation and growth, and exit opportunities.
- Marketing and Communications Strategy for new companies:
- Develop brand identities
- Perform target market analyses
- Perform industry and competitive analyses
- Help establish brand positioning and value propositions that resonate with ideal prospects
- Establish meaningful marketplace strategies (including channels) that continually position the business as a trusted and valuable partner
- Marketing and Communications Plans:
- On an annual, semi-annual, or specified basis, help define and set core objectives, KPIs, and key activity targets, create a content calendar, and set communications objectives, all while optimizing the marketing budget.
- Quickly & cost-effectively manage the build of professional websites that communicate core messaging, appropriately showcase products and services, and help to generate inbound leads.
- Develop strategies to stay top-of-mind with prospects and customers through great email marketing campaigns.
- Develop social media campaigns as needed for new companies.
- Content Marketing:
- Produce content such as blog posts, white papers, case studies, brochures and fact sheets, infographics, videos, webinars, and eBooks.
- Develop PowerPoint presentations and support materials for conferences and meetings as required
- Work with digital and design teams to update and maintain virtual presence as needed
- Contribute content for the UPMC Enterprises website and social media channels
- Contribute to UPMC Enterprises thought leadership events as required (webinars, speaking engagements, conferences, etc.)
- Track status of projects and key initiatives (ie. Content development, calendar of events, website)
- Manage external vendors. Liaise with UPMC Enterprises stakeholders regarding activity and progress
- Bachelor's degree and at least 8 years of experience in marketing, communications, public relations, or related field required.
- B2B sales and marketing experience required.
- Experience developing, launching and providing ongoing marketing support to new brands preferred.
- Along with senior members of the marketing and communications team, develop and implement strategic plans to increase UPMC Enterprises brand visibility.
- Exceptional communication and writing skills required.
- Experience interacting with senior leadership required.
- Strong project coordination skills required.
- Experience working with agencies required.
- Experience managing multiple, complex budgets preferred.
- Solid understanding of Google Analytics preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, apply exquisite attention to detail, and develop and maintain collegial and collaborative relationships with peers, colleagues, external contacts and senior leadership.
- Able to work autonomously, with minimal supervision, but also able to take direction; able to direct the work of others when appropriate.
- Able to stay updated on, adhere to, and communicate to others organization policies and procedures related to budgets, travel, expenses, vendor management, and documentation.
- Advanced computer skills preferred; must be adept at acquiring new skills quickly; proficiency with MS Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel).
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran