Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit, brave ideas, grit, & determination?
Are you a self-starter interested in improving user experience?
Are you passionate about changing the face of healthcare & impacting the lives of others all over the globe?
Then we want YOU!
At UPMC Enterprises, we build companies by partnering with existing health care technology companies to accelerate their growth (acceleration) or by developing new products (de novo). Our Product Management teams are central to this development, and as a Product Management Summer Associate, students must be comfortable in a dynamic role where they are able to bridge cross-functional disciplines while balancing business, technical, and design constraints to help their team bring a product to market.
- Researching and producing deliverables around market trends, dynamics, and competitive landscape
- Developing framework for opportunity evaluation within market and exploring strategy across various functional departments; including engineering, design, marketing, and finance teams
- Generating hypothesis on how UPMC should approach a market from an internal and external perspective
- Discovers and explores potential business opportunities by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, and financials
- Identifying and evaluating target inbound opportunities for investment
- Engaging UPMC stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts to define unmet needs and value opportunity
- Communicates activities, statues, issues, and accomplishments to senior leadership and partners
As an organization dedicated to Life Changing Medicine, UPMC has defined a bold mission: to shape the future of health care through innovation. At UPMC Enterprises, we are at the forefront of this innovation. UPMC Enterprises is the innovation and commercialization arm of the organization, with a focus in translational science and technology solutions in the healthcare marketplace. Through this work, UPMC Enterprises hopes to revolutionize the way we approach patient care.
As a UPMC Enterprises Summer Associate, you will have an opportunity to participate in a highly competitive, full time, 8-12 week paid summer internship program with an organization that’s committed to finding solutions to the complicated challenges facing health care providers and their patients. Our work is about using creativity to tackle exciting projects that become life-changing products.
We’re looking for students who…
• Are passionate and determined to make a difference!
• Problem solvers! Someone who can approach a problem creatively while utilizing quantitative analysis and strategic thinking.
• Cares about the user experience, and are eager to find ways to improve our product for all users.
• Believes in our Core Values. They are not just written on the walls. We demonstrate our commitment to these values daily.
• Have emerging leadership abilities, entrepreneurial spirit, and thrive in a collaborative environment.
• Care about the work they do, the people we work with, and the patients we work for.
• Pride themselves on their integrity. It’s not just about the work we do, but how we do it.
• Master of Business Administration, Master of Public Administration, or Master of Public Health 1st year students with December 2021 – May 2022 anticipated graduation date
• Prior experience in product management, healthcare management, or software engineering or design a plus
• Availability to participate in the Summer Associate Program full time, from June to August 2021 for approximately 8-12 weeks with minimal absence
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran