MyUPMC is a crucial “hub” that integrates digital workflows with in-person ones and creates stickiness between UPMC and consumers, transforming UPMC’s engagement model from a seller of health care services to a trusted partner in managing the overall health and wellness of patients. Strategically, MyUPMC aims to be the patient’s “digital front door” to the health system by improving the patient experience, increasing access to care, and enabling new care models. As usage of MyUPMC has continued to grow with UPMC patients, so has the team’s vision in providing digital care options, expanding to improve the patient’s entire digital engagement experience.
The primary responsibility for this role will be to build and maintain strategic relationships with clinical stakeholders and practice operational partners as it relates to MyUPMC goals and priorities. The ideal candidate can understand and empathize with business needs, priorities, and limitations of various clinical groups and will facilitate the adoption and ongoing engagement of MyUPMC and related technologies by clinical stakeholders. Overall, the candidate will work with stakeholders to negotiate priorities/roadblocks and drive operational change management, positioning MyUPMC for success within the UPMC system.
• Build and maintain strategic relationships with select area(s) of UPMC that intersect with MyUPMC’s product goals. Collaborates successfully with all levels of partner groups, across the spectrum (executive leadership and frontline staff). Establish regular communication channel(s) with key “champion” of each stakeholder teams.
• Responsible for building shared understanding of:
o Impact MyUPMC has on current partner operations, including metrics and KPIs
o Stakeholder challenges or priorities that could / should impact MyUPMC
o Provide ongoing visibility to MyUPMC initiatives that may impact the partner teams
• Responsible for advocating for the business value and constraints of the partner teams, ensuring their priorities and challenges are adequately understood and represented
• Drive digital transformation and change management activities with relevant stakeholder groups that results in demonstrable success/improvement for the stakeholder
• As needed, manage vendor relationships and other digital health implementation projects in pursuit of partner value
• Maintain understanding of wide array of partner work that is impacted by MyUPMC
• Develop high-level problem definitions for consumption by MyUPMC product and engineering teams
• Perform analyses (data modeling, business case identification, etc.) to aid in quantification/qualification of stakeholder challenges and potential solutions
• Serve as the as-needed liaison between rest of MyUPMC team and stakeholder groups (addressing strategic questions, helping with UAT, addressing feedback)
• Builds change management activities (process improvement, training, vendor selection) when needed to accomplish MyUPMC goals
-Advanced degree, MBA, MS or PhD preferred
-5+ years professional experience.
-Excellent written and oral communication skills.
-Demonstrates fluency with agile/lean methods.
-Commercial software expertise, developing consumer-facing web products and mobile products and technologies.
-Understanding of health care IT industry
-Excellent organizational and analytical skills with strong technical abilities
-Shows working knowledge across multiple functional areas such as product management, engineering, design, and market research but also exhibits depth in a relevant discipline. E.g., T-shaped individuals
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran