Sorry, we’re not accepting applications for this job right now. But don’t go yet! Explore our site
to find more opportunities to join us in transforming the future of health care.
Performs laboratory activities to support therapy development efforts of Novasenta Inc., a UPMC Enterprises funded biotech startup focused on developing new cancer therapies targeting immunoregulatory mechanisms in the tumor microenvironment, reporting to Principal Scientist.
• Reports to Principal Scientist to ensure meeting the goals of Novasenta and pursuing the most promising targets within the tumor microenvironment for the development of therapeutics
• Conducts routine and non-routine lab procedures and assays for molecular, cellular and metabolic characterization of relevant samples from mouse models of cancer and human clinical cancer tissue under the supervision of Principal Scientist
• Assists experimental team members in biological, immunological assay development to investigate mechanisms of immune-mediated effects of novel identified targets
• As needed, supports the development and validation of new technologies for molecular, cellular and metabolic characterization of samples
• Documents and maintains a detailed and precise record of work performed
• Performs lab managerial, which includes ordering supplies and maintaining inventory, ensuring safety, service and maintain laboratory instruments of the lab, etc.
• Other job duties as assigned
What we offer you:
• Impact opportunity to drive inventions that can change the trajectory of cancer care for patients
• Competitive pay and benefits package.
• A dynamic, fast-paced startup culture combined with the stability of a well-established entity (UPMC).
• Work with some of the leaders in the immunotherapy and cancer field.
• Bachelor’s degree in biology, biochemistry, or closed related field with 1-2 years of experience in industry or academic research lab setting
• Basic skills in laboratory techniques
• Prior research experience desired experience with several of the following relevant techniques:
Mammalian cell culture
Flow cytometry and cell sorting
Molecular biology techniques (e.g., PCR, development of genetic constructs, cloning, primer design, etc.)
NGS (WGS, WES or RNAseq, including preparation of genomic libraries)
Processing and characterization of fresh human tumor samples
• Experience with Prism, Flowjo, MS office is desired
• Experience in working under GLP standards and ensuring safety compliance under BSL-2
• Experience with laboratory information system (LIMS) is a plus
• Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interpret, summarize, and present results in a clear, concise, accurate manner
• Must be team oriented and able to work in a highly collaborative and interactive work environment to complete complex tasks
• Must be able to manage multiple and rapidly changing priorities and have ability to quickly learn new skills
• Must be detail-oriented and well organized
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran