ID Connect has become a world leader in telemedical care of infectious diseases, antimicrobial stewardship, and infection control and prevention. At the heart of this success has been technological innovation, including the acquisition of ILÚM Health Solutions and its real-time decision support software. The combination of technology, precision medicine, and data science are paired with world-class ID physicians to effectively manage infectious diseases across the US. ID Connect is working to make people healthy, improve outcomes, and keep communities free of infectious diseases.
The Full-Stack Developer has technology skills that span the entire stack and is responsible for understanding all aspects of our system architecture from Devops to hosting environments. In addition, this role is responsible for making sure that business objectives are met and for streamlining communication across the entire development team.
In this role, developers will have the opportunity to be a driving force in the architecture and development of the next iteration of our core Acute Care product while helping to support automation, containerization, and deployments across microservices and those core products.
· Key member of the development team in creating software that meets business objectives
· Go-to expert for the entire technology stack for the development team
· Deep understanding of the stack: business logic, API layer, user interface, user experience, business needs
· Work closely with the design team to identify opportunities and barriers to user experience
· Convert visual representations from design teams into fully functional applications and features
· Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to document, design, and launch new features.
· Maintain code integrity and organization
· B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
· Experience working with database driven systems such as those running on PostgreSQL, Oracle, or MySQL/MariaDB
· Strong experience designing user interfaces and user experiences for both mobile and desktop environments
· Experience with server, networking and hosting architectures from a Devops perspective is a plus
· Experience with data modeling, business logic, and API layers is a plus
· Understanding and implementation of security and data protection is a plus
· Experience in a healthcare IT environment is a plus
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Experience with Agile Software Development methodologies and working in teams
· Experience in writing quality unit tests
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran