Performs laboratory activities to support therapy development efforts of Novasenta, a UPMC Enterprises funded biotech startup focused on developing new cancer therapies targeting immunoregulatory mechanisms in the tumor microenvironment, reporting to Principal Scientist.
• Reports to Principal Scientist to ensure meeting the goals of Novasenta and pursuing the most promising targets within the tumor microenvironment for the development of therapeutics
• Conducts routine and non-routine lab procedures and assays for molecular, cellular and metabolic characterization of relevant samples from mouse models of cancer and human clinical cancer tissue under the supervision of Principal Scientist
• Supports the development of biological, immunological assay to investigate mechanisms of immune-mediated effects of novel identified targets
• Supports the development and validation of new technologies for molecular, cellular and metabolic characterization of samples
• Contributes to the profiling and validation of novel druggable immunotherapy targets
• Documents and maintains a detailed and precise record of work performed
• Actively participates in the scientific dialogue of the group and proactively collaborates with colleagues
• Must be willing to work flexible hours as necessary, and work beyond 40hrs is likely to be required
What we offer you:
•Competitive pay and benefits package.
•A fast-paced startup culture combined with the stability of a well-established entity (UPMC).
•Work with some of the leaders in the immunotherapy and cancer field.
•Opportunity to be part of a growing, dynamic and diverse team of highly skilled professionals discovering novel cancer therapies and making an impact on patient care
Qualifications• MS in biology, immunology or closed related field with 2+ years of experience in industry or academic research lab setting or PhD with similar background and 0-2 years of relevant experience