The successful bioinformatics analyst candidate will support data analyses efforts of Novasenta Inc., a UPMC Enterprises funded biotech startup, focused on developing new cancer therapies targeting immunoregulatory mechanisms in the tumor microenvironment.
• Support the leadership of computational biology and systems immunology teams in performing data management, analyses and curation tasks to support target discovery.
• Acquire, QC, and process large-scale genomic and clinical datasets from internal groups and external collaborators.
• Import, curate and catalog public datasets to support integrative analyses of transcriptomic and clinical data towards target discovery.
• Analyze single-cell and bulk genomic datasets through established workflows.
• Collaborate with computational biologists to develop and deploy custom scripts and pipelines to aid in data analyses efforts and support computational infrastructure development.
• Maintain and curate internal knowledge sharing repositories.
• Communicate extensively with computational and experimental scientists and present results of data curation and analyses to the broader Novasenta team.
• Required to work and interrogate clinical patient data adhering to HIPAA compliant data management standards.
• Must be willing to work flexible hours as necessary, and work beyond 40 hrs is likely to be required.
What we offer you:
•Competitive pay and benefits package.
•A fast-paced startup culture combined with the stability of a well-established entity (UPMC).
•Work with some of the leaders in the immunotherapy and cancer field.
• BS (MS preferred) in bioinformatics, computational biology, or a related field with atleast 2 years of work experience.
• Knowledge of bioinformatics, biological and statistical concepts.
• Proficiency in R, Python and version control systems like GIT.
• Experience with analyzing NGS datasets (single-cell and bulk RNAseq, WES).
• Experience with cloud computing (e.g. AWS).
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Self-motivated, organized, goal oriented, team player focused on a career in biotech.
• Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision and adhere to and follow defined timelines, milestone, and objectives.
• Able to deal with uncertainty and solve problems creatively with good judgement.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran