As a Data scientist you will support data analyses efforts of Novasenta Inc. Specifically, you will develop and apply cutting-edge machine learning methods to analyze biological datasets to help develop novel insights towards discovering novel cancer-related therapies.
• Works with computational biology and systems immunology teams to analyze biological datasets by developing, optimizing and implementing machine learning (ML) models, applied to scale.
• Implement metrics to verify model and algorithm effectiveness.
• Automate model training, testing and deployment and ensure proper code documentation.
• Keep up with emerging trends in ML, Deep Learning (DL) and Natural Language Processing (NLP).
• Produces reports and presentations and reports to the leadership of the computational biology and systems immunology teams.
• Communicate results of data analyses to the broader Novasenta team.
• Supports the computational biology and systems immunology teams in developing analytical tools for the interrogation and management of clinical and non-clinical datasets.
• Ensures adherence to HIPAA standards.
• Must be willing to work flexible hours as necessary, and work beyond 40 hrs is likely to be required.
What we offer you:
•Competitive pay and benefits package.
•A fast-paced startup culture combined with the stability of a well-established entity (UPMC).
•Work with some of the leaders in the immunotherapy and cancer field.
•Opportunity to be part of a growing, dynamic and diverse team of highly skilled professionals discovering novel cancer therapies and making an impact on patient care.