As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work as part of the Hospitals of the Future team to develop innovative solutions aimed at improving patient experience and delivery of care. You will collaborate closely with engineers, designers, and product owners to take ideas from initial conception to final execution, using a human-centered approach to problem solving. You will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, startup-like environment to deliver a novel product. The ideal candidate will have a high level of creativity, a passion for prototyping, a knack for problem solving, and a strong desire to thrive in a cross-disciplinary, collaborative environment.
Your primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be working along-side other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
• Collaborate closely with user experience designers to execute visually polished, intuitive, and usable application interface designs
• Design and build Android mobile applications
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to analyze, design, and ship new features
• Build and publish applications in app stores
• Implement new technologies to maximize application performance
• Collaborate with a small, autonomous team of developers, designers, and product owners to find end-to-end solutions to important problems
• Adhere to Android development best practices
• Continue to learn, grow, and help tackle brand new challenges
Qualifications• Experience with the use of hardware sensors, including inertial sensors (accelerometer, gyroscope, etc.), camera, etc. Knowledge of basic signal processing and error filtering.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran