At UPMC Enterprises, we help create health care innovations that will impact the lives of patients in meaningful, lasting ways. The MyUPMC team strives to use technology to empower consumers and enhance the digital relationship between a patient and his/her care team. Our team is reinventing the MyUPMC digital experience, including the patient portal and mobile apps, to achieve these goals and to help patients to more easily manage care for themselves and their loved ones.
Our Product Managers bridge cross-functional disciplines, balancing business, technical and design constraints to bring products to market that will define the future of health care. Product Managers must feel comfortable working in a dynamic, sometimes ambiguous environments. They must leverage deep commercial expertise and critical thinking skills to distill the complexity inherent to health care's most confounding problems. They must also thoughtfully translate problems into solutions, that can take shape as actionable plans that can be released into the hands of consumers. Product Managers move quickly and with confidence, always building with an eye on the future. They must inspire teams to nurture creativity, and marry risk with reward, recognizing that they will be held accountable for the analysis, positioning, packaging and promotion of their product.
The Product Manager, as part of the MyUPMC product execution team, should be active in the Agile community and with their clients as well . Their main goal is to always add value to the product and each feature implementation should measure that value with data-driven metrics. They have skills in running a software product development. The Product Manager should adeptly manage technical constraints, business value and consumer needs to define their good, better and best options for the path forward. The Product Manager should have the ability to be able to manage near-term value and long-term impact: always having a plan for the future but flexible as conditions change. The Product Manager has an eye for optimization along the way always looking for ways to increase speed using data-driven metrics to measure and quantify performance and quality at all stages of the execution process.
The Product Manager is an influencer. Using their knowledge of product development and execution they need to earn the trust of a seasoned engineering team and their product management colleagues. The Product Manager is driven by data and deep understanding of their problem space, but able to drive decision-making in imperfect conditions.
The Product Manager will be working directly with an individual Agile Feature Team and will report to the Senior Product Manager. The Product Manager coordinates and keeps the product track while working with the other Product Managers on risk mitigation, dependency chaining and orchestrating the release trains of multiple, independent Agile Feature Teams.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Advanced degree, MBA a plus
• 5+ years professional experience in product management or product owner role
• Demonstrates fluency with Agile/Lean and Scaled Agile frameworks, ideally including SAFe and LeSS
• Extensive experience in Agile’s Product Ownership role including backlog management and ownership of the translation of product features and value to a Scrum team.
• Flexibility mindset and “just want to get it done” attitude
• Proven success in measuring the value added to a product line with data driven metrics
• Track record of balancing technical, business, operational, consumer constraints
• Digital healthcare experience is a plus
• Culture champion lead by example and mentorship
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Commercial software expertise, developing web and mobile products
• Understanding of health care IT industry
• Excellent organizational and analytical skills with strong technical abilities
• Shows working knowledge across multiple functional areas such as product management, engineering, design, and market research – but also exhibits depth in a relevant discipline. E.g., T-shaped individuals
• Jointly create and form current Agile trends
• Discuss Agile trends with team and customers to justify benefits of process techniques
• Ability to measure a software development process and find optimizations
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran