At UPMC Enterprises, we help create health care innovations that will impact the lives of patients in meaningful, lasting ways. The MyUPMC team strives to use technology to empower consumers and enhance the digital relationship between a patient and his/her care team. Our team is reinventing the MyUPMC digital experience, including the patient portal and mobile apps, to achieve these goals and to help patients to more easily manage care for themselves and their loved ones.
Our Engineering Managers have proven experience in the software development lifecycle and have stayed close to the latest technology trends and ideally have spent the majority of their career in a software engineering or architecture role. Empathetic leadership and understanding is important as our Engineering Managers are technical influencers on their team. Technical guidance and mentorship is the number one priority and growing engineers and giving them a clear career path using data-driven metrics and clear feedback is a daily job function.
The Engineering Manager, as part of the MyUPMC product execution team, has a proven track record of running high performing engineering teams with data-driven results. They have expert-level skills when it comes to running a software product development lifecycle with everything from the discovery through release and support phases.
The Engineering Manager is an influencer. Using their vast knowledge of software architecture and leadership they are seen as a mentor and leader in the space and need to adapt and earn the trust of a seasoned engineering team and their product management colleagues. The Engineering Manager is driven by data and their main focus is on growing the teams’ skillset and understanding of software engineering. The Engineering Manager reports directly to the Director of Enginering.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Advanced degree a plus
• 5+ years professional experience, direct management experience or lead architecture role preferred
• Demonstrates fluency with Agile/Lean and Scaled Agile frameworks, ideally including SAFe and LeSS
• Flexibility mindset and “just want to get it done” attitude
• Proven success in measuring the performance of individual software engineers and quality assurance engineers
• Digital healthcare experience is a plus
• Culture champion lead by example and mentorship
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Proven ability to lead and mentor based on extensive time in the field
• Commercial software expertise, developing web and mobile products
• Understanding of health care IT industry a plus
• Excellent organizational and analytical skills
• Ability to measure a software development process and find optimizations
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran