As a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer, you will work as part of the Hospitals of the Future team to develop cutting-edge solutions aimed at improving patient experience and delivery of care. You will collaborate closely with engineers, designers, and product owners to take ideas from initial conception to final execution, using a human-centered approach to problem solving. You will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, startup-like environment to deliver a novel product.
The ideal candidate will possess a high level of creativity, a passion for prototyping, a knack for high level problem solving, and a strong desire to thrive in a cross-disciplinary, collaborative environment. You are purpose-driven, and you have a strong level of empathy for patients and end-users. You are highly attuned to visual detail, and you are able to collaborate with designers to execute visually polished user interface designs. You enjoy working at a fast pace, taking initiative and ownership of products as they take shape, and working collaboratively with your teammates towards a common goal.
• Build a scalable and robust interactive web application from the ground up, with a mobile responsive design
• Collaborate closely with user experience designers to execute visually polished, intuitive, and usable application interface designs
• Build server-side and client-side architecture
• Develop and manage well-functioning databases and APIs
• Strong empathy for end users, and passion for human-centered design
• Experience doing front-end development for consumer-facing products
• Experience with mapping and visualization libraries such as leaflet.js
• Experience working on a multi-platform product with iOS or Android mobile applications
• Knowledge of linear algebra and aptitude for advanced spatial geometry
• Experience tinkering with robotics and hardware such as inertial sensors, doing positioning or localization, or image processing
- Typically has 5+ years of related work experience.
- Experience collaborating directly with UX designers and executing high-fidelity visual designs
- Experience designing and scaling databases and building backend systems
- Experience with complex development environments, taking abstract concepts and ideas and formulating a detailed software deliverable
- Experience in developing on cross-functional systems
- Deep knowledge of developing complete systems
- Mastery of the SDLC
- Highly driven and self-motivated to exceed expectations
- Ability to work independently and demonstrated ability to lead in a team based environment
- Proficient in both oral and written communication
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran