Sorry, we’re not accepting applications for this job right now. But don’t go yet! Explore our site
to find more opportunities to join us in transforming the future of health care.
The Business Operations Analyst is responsible for receiving, evaluating and managing inbound startup opportunities and offerings. The Analyst will drive the initial engagement with, research of, and recommendations for potential partnerships between startup companies and UPMC Enterprises. By studying market research, following industry trends, understanding market needs, and playing an active role in the healthcare technology community, they bring contextualized recommendations to the UPMC Enterprises’ product development and investment teams based on strategic objectives. This role will include project and program management responsibilities for ongoing evaluation of external companies and university-based projects.
- Works with product and investment teams, project managers, and team staff to identify problem areas and applicable solutions
- Manage relationships and actively engage with entrepreneurs and startup companies interested in potential partnerships with UPMC Enterprises
Manage and guide relationships across organizations and strategic partners
Manage multiple projects and timelines within multiple industry domains and across one or more university and other external partners.
- Conducts market and business analyses
- Create, maintain, and continuously improve ability to report on performance metrics for the organization – understanding UPMC's core strengths, gaps and programs
- Supports project, product and investment teams in primary and secondary market research – including competitive analysis, etc.
- Identifies and builds relationships with clinical / administrative champions in UPMC and Health Plan, in a specific product area
- Builds out deep understanding of UPMC Enterprises capabilities, resources, assets and gaps
- Research and evaluate market forces, size of opportunity, addressable market, profit drivers, differentiators needed to create winning solutions
- Maps competitive landscape of products and players that address prioritized problems; identifies opportunities for technology, design, business model innovation
- Supports coaching and development of other team members ad hoc on business development skillset
- Performs all above in accordance with system-wide competencies/behaviors
B.S. degree in quantitative field of study with a minimum of 1-2 years relevant experience in business development, strategy, marketing or finance.
Familiarity with business issues, or the ability to quickly learn
Understanding of health care IT
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
Excellent organizational and analytical skills with strong technical abilities
Product management/design experience
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran