Sorry, we’re not accepting applications for this job right now. But don’t go yet! Explore our site
to find more opportunities to join us in transforming the future of health care.
As a bioinformatics analyst you will support data analyses efforts of TTMS Inc. Specifically, you will develop and apply cutting-edge machine learning methods to analyze biological datasets to help develop novel insights towards discovering novel cancer therapies and treatment.Responsibilities:
• Works with computational biology and systems immunology teams to analyze biological datasets by developing, optimizing and implementing machine learning (ML) models, applied to scale.
• Implement metrics to verify model and algorithm effectiveness.
• Automate model training, testing and deployment and ensure proper code documentation.
• Keep up with emerging trends in ML, Deep Learning (DL) and Natural Language Processing (NLP).
• Reports to the leadership of the computational biology and systems immunology teams and produces reports and presentations.
• Communicate results of data analyses to the broader TTMS team.
• Supports the computational biology and systems immunology teams in developing analytical tools that meet operational requirements associated with interrogation and management of clinical and non-clinical datasets.
• Ensures adherence to standards required to conduct work in a HIPAA compliant data management and sharing.
• Must be willing to work flexible hours as necessary, and work beyond 40 hrs is likely to be required.Preferred experience:
• Experience with biological datasets (DNA, RNA, next-generation sequencing) is highly desirable.
• Experience with cloud computing (e.g. AWS).
• Experience with relational databases and SQL.
• Knowledge of cancer biology and immunology.What we offer you:
• Competitive pay and benefits package.
• A fast-paced startup culture combined with the stability of a well-established entity (UPMC).
• Work with some of the leaders in the immunotherapy and cancer field.
• Opportunity to be part of a growing, dynamic and diverse team of highly skilled professionals discovering novel cancer therapies and making an impact on patient care.
• BS (MS preferred) in computer science, statistics, mathematics, physics, engineering or a related quantitative field.
• 2+ years work experience in developing and applying ML algorithms to high-dimensional datasets.
• Strong understanding of ML fundamentals, modern ML libraries, DL and NLP techniques.
• Proficient in Python and/or R scripting.
• Expertise in ML/DL frameworks like Pytorch, TensorFlow, Keras, Scikit-learn/Caret.
• Demonstrated ability to write high-quality, production-ready code.
• Experience with version control systems like GIT.
• Self-motivated, organized, goal oriented, team player focused on a career in biotech.
• Demonstrated ability to adhere to and follow defined timelines, milestone, and objectives.
• Able to deal with uncertainty and solve problems creatively and independently with solid judgement.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran