Looking for a bioinformatics analyst to implement and grow an internal database that supports discovery development efforts of TTMS Inc., a UPMC Enterprises funded biotech startup focused on developing new cancer therapies targeting immunoregulatory mechanisms in the tumor microenvironment, reporting to the leadership of the computational biology and systems immunology teams.Responsibilities:
• Supports leadership of the computational biology and systems immunology teams in developing and maintaining the TTMS database
• Analyze and QC data through established workflows
• Write, test, and deploy necessary scripts for data cleaning and database management
• Acquire datasets from public databases as well as from internal sources
• Comment and document the scripts and produce reports and presentations
• Collaborate with computational biologists, research scientists, and programmers to implement and maintain the database
• Communicates results of data analysis to the broader TTMS team
• Ensures adherence to data security standards required to conduct work in a HIPPA compliant data management and sharing
• Supports the company leadership and the leadership of the computational biology and systems immunology teams in establishing data infrastructure and analytics tools that meet operational and regulatory requirements associated with the management and interrogation of clinical patient data
• Must be willing to work flexible hours as necessary, and work beyond 40hrs is likely to be required
- BS in bioinformatics or a related field (MS preferred) with 2+ years of work experience.
- Proficiency with R and Python.
- Experience with relational databases and SQL.
- Experience with GIT.
- Experience with cloud computing (e.g. AWS) is a plus.
- Experience with next-generation sequencing data is a plus.
- Knowledge of cancer biology and immunology is a plus.
- The ideal candidate is product and goal oriented, focused on a career in biotech.
- They are highly efficient and organized, and have a demonstrated ability to adhere to and follow defined timelines, milestone, and objectives.
- They can deal with uncertainty and solve problems creatively and independently with solid judgement
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran