Looking for a full-stack developer to implement a software infrastructure that supports discovery development efforts of TTMS Inc., a UPMC Enterprises funded biotech startup focused on developing new cancer therapies targeting immunoregulatory mechanisms in the tumor microenvironment, reporting to the leadership of the computational biology and systems immunology teams.
• Supports leadership of the computational biology and systems immunology teams in developing and maintaining TTMS cloud-based microservices framework
• Design and implement a novel web interface to access biological data in the TTMS cloud infrastructure
• Produce compelling dynamic visualizations of the data
• Collaborate with computational biologists and research scientists to specify and refine the interface
• Write, test, and deploy the frontend and backend software for the design
• Comment and document, as well as maintain and debug the software
• Communicates web interface design to the broader TTMS team
• Ensures adherence to data security standards required to conduct work in a HIPPA compliant data management and sharing
• Supports the company leadership and the leadership of the computational biology and systems immunology teams in establishing data infrastructure and analytics tools that meet operational and regulatory requirements associated with the management and interrogation of clinical patient data
• Must be willing to work flexible hours as necessary, and work beyond 40hrs is likely to be required
- BS in computer science or a related field with 2+ years of work experience.
- Proficiency in user interface design.
- Experience with backend: Node.js, Express.js.
- Proficiency with relational databases and SQL. Experience with GIT.
- Experience with microservices (Docker and Kubernetes) is a plus.
- Experience with cloud computing (e.g. AWS) and security (e.g. OAuth) is a plus.
- The ideal candidate is product and goal oriented, focused on a career in biotech.
- They are highly efficient and organized, and have a demonstrated ability to adhere to and follow defined timelines, milestone, and objectives.
- They can deal with uncertainty and solve problems creatively and independently with solid judgement
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran