The Senior Analyst at UPMC Enterprises Translational Sciences supports management in acceleration. Analysts use their background and experience to evaluate scientific projects, and assess markets, industries, businesses, and products. They apply their skills to help prioritize and select portfolio companies and potential external investments and to support them from early-stage discovery through investment case and spin-out/investment.
- Performs all above in accordance with system-wide competencies/behaviors.
- Routinely interacts with and manages internal and external stakeholders.
- Maps competitive landscape of products and players.
- Independently oversees major aspects of projects with oversight from manager/director/VP: Administrative support of internal investments (e.g. through financial planning, budget management, shared services coordination, competitive intelligence), Market analytics, Business analytics, Financial analysis (revenue forecast, budgeting, valuation).
- Supports management in primary and secondary market research, including competitive analysis, etc.
- Continuously improves business intelligence to understand market forces, market size, addressable market, profit drivers, differentiators needed to create winning solutions.
- Owns critical internal translational sciences strategic or operational initiatives (e.g. managing pipeline process, lead Investment Review team, etc.).
- Conducts in-depth market, industry, company and business analyses.
- Evaluates scientific project proposals for research merit and commercial opportunity.
- Supports development of other team members by coaching business development skills.
- Maintains project planning documents, prepares materials, and writes and distributes high level workflow documents.
- Builds relationships with principal investigators and other relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned (including initiatives to improve internal work flows and best practices).
B.S. degree required, life sciences field preferredMS, MBA or PhD preferred At least 3 years relevant professional experience in investment banking, management consulting, venture capital, corporate development, strategy, or financeFamiliarity with business issues, or the ability to quickly learnExcellent written and oral communication skillsExcellent problem solving and critical thinking skillsExcellent organizational and analytical skills with strong technical abilitiesStartup experience nice to have
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran