At UPMC Enterprises, we help create health care innovations that will impact the lives of patients in meaningful, lasting ways. The Senior Machine Learning Engineer will perform both exploratory and targeted algorithm development and research to develop cutting-edge machine learning algorithms to help change the face of modern healthcare.
- Work with product managers, partners and peers to formulate the data analytics problem
- Evaluate new hardware and software products and technologies and participate in project assessments as necessary
- Provide guidance on reporting, analyses, model/methodology for delivery of improvement strategies to fast-paced machine learning development projects
- Communicate project activities, statuses, accomplishments, and strategic direction with executive management both in oral and written communication
- Propose statistical or machine learning based model/methodology for problem-solving Propose accuracy measures and validation criteria for the model
- Implement and evaluate proposed model/methodology
- Promote and participate in professional self-development to stay up-to-date with new technologies and development approaches within the industry
- Implementing Packaged Solutions: Configuration & Testing: In-depth knowledge of a particular Packaged Solution and of the business processes the package supports. Customize the package for local needs using propriety APIs, tools, and scripting languages. Develop and validate system requirements and specifications. Design schemes, architecture and models and create and test prototypes. Develop, or acquire and customize and test system/application components and interfaces. Integrate subsystems/application units and conduct systems/applications level testing and validation. Develop and implement system/application release and testing.
- Define and lead the development of long-term machine learning platforms and data systems.Innovate in the space of machine learning algorithms ?
- Communicate the results and methodology effectively within the team and to external stakeholders
Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Applied Math, Statistics, Operations Research, Physics, Computational Biology or other similar quantitative field (MS or PhD preferred) or has acquired substantial software development and machine learning skills and knowledge via practical experience5+ years of relevant experience (machine learning and software engineering)Demonstrated expertise in statistical analytics and machine learning algorithms especially for supervised and unsupervised methods. Expert knowledge in essential high level programming language like Java, Python, C++, Ruby. Proficiency in at least one statistical modeling tool from among R, Matlab or Weka. Experience with Hadoop/YARN/Mesos/Spark/Elasticsearch/Kafka and building applications end-to-end
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran