At Prodigo Solutions, we help create health care supply chain innovations that will impact the lives of patients in meaningful ways through better decision making while reducing the overall cost of care. Prodigo's data integration projects require a wide set of skills, from knowledge of Extract, Transform and Load processes to Database Management. At its core, the Database Administrator's responsibility includes capacity planning, configuration, database design, implementation, performance monitoring, security and troubleshooting. The Database Administrator is responsible for storing and organizing company data to ensure that the data is modeled efficiently and effectively loaded into Prodigo's data systems.
- Knowledge of various cloud services of computing platforms [Azure/AWS/GCP]
- Strong understanding of the architecture of the RDBMS platform [Microsoft SQL Server] and how various components can impact the system from availability to performance.
- Self-Development - Continual self-learning to master most all administrative tasks.
- Implement/Support multiple database instances across servers [ clustering]
- Recovery - solid understanding of recovery strategy from backup and recovery to advanced business continuity and disaster recovery options for supported RDBMS. Clearly communicates available options to application teams with minimal supervision.
- Scripting - solid understanding of OS based scripting, develops an understanding to run scripts successfully that automate and orchestrate DBA related tasks.
- Troubleshooting - Assist in determining the cause of database problems and degraded performance related issues. Determines a solution uses sound judgment to implement the appropriate actions to correct.
- Security - Solid understanding of security and implementation of those security concepts, from permissions to encryption options. Develop processes for optimizing database security.
- Infrastructure - solid understanding of the operating system, networking, storage and other underlying components of the infrastructure as it relates to the RDBMS supported.
- Maintenance - Works closely with application team to maintain systems with routine work and regular patching as outlined by the RDBMS vendor through major and minor upgrades as they are released. Ability to implement/support auditing/log shipping.
- Strong understanding of data modeling techniques and methodologies used to model data in a standard, consistent, predictable manner in order to manage it as a resource.
- Solid understanding of different types of database structures to include hierarchical, network and relational databases.
- Database Availability - Learn and follow change control procedures for work impacting database availability.
- Solid understanding of database design and query strategy to provide suggestions for optimal performance. Analyze existing databases and data needs of company to develop effective systems.
- Database Management - Set and maintain database standards. Support multiple implementations at various versions and support levels. Install, configure and provide day to day support after implementation, including off hours as needed.
Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience required. Masters Degree preferred.3+ years work experience in database management and concepts, preferably for large, complex data sets. Experience with data visualization tools [ Power BI] to model data into the database to effectively present meaningful KPIs to all stakeholders preferred. Healthcare experience preferred. Working proficiency in SQL required to aggregate, gather and manipulate data [stored procedures, functions and triggers].Proficient with query language for RDBMS supported. Highly driven to self-learn and understand DBA role and expectations of position. Works independently on assignments and contributes to the team frequently. Solid experience in analyzing query performance issues and modifying data structures as necessary to remedy performance problems. Strong problem-solving skills for data management with a willingness to roll up ones sleeves to get the job done. Excellent organizational and analytical skills with strong technical abilities. Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to document processes and procedures. Experience with data visualization tools [Power BI] to model data into the database to effectively present meaningful KPIs to all stakeholders preferred.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran