The Full-Stack Web Developer will work as part of a team to develop cutting-edge web-based solutions aimed at a range of devices including mobile phones and tablet computers. You will be working alongside other designers, engineers, and developers working on different layers of the product. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products is essential.
The role will require a broad background in computer science, the application of many different programming languages, a complete set of programming/debugging skills, ability to adapt and change, and an aptitude for continuous learning. The candidate will be able to expand their role into defining and leading new software projects which will deliver significant impact.
An ideal candidate will possess a high level of creativity, and a strong desire to thrive in a cross-disciplinary, collaborative environment. Strong attention to UX, empathy for end-users, and an ability to implement high fidelity front end visual design details, in direct collaboration with designers. Strong knowledge of linear algebra and geometry desired. Experience working on consumer-facing products is a plus.
- Application Development Cycle - Demonstrate the understanding of multiple SDLCs.
- Design - Implement the overall system design. Exhibit awareness of user experience standards.
- Documentation - Create detail-oriented documentation that outlines new and moderately complex processes.
- Responsible for quality and validity of documentation.
- Integration - Responsible for more complex integration between modules.
- Quality - Demonstrate the ability to conduct code review of others.
- Security - Validate and review secure processes and protocols. Ensure that processes/protocols are followed by junior level staff.
- Software Solutions - Develop, validate and implement software solutions based on customer requirements, Enterprise architecture standards and defined project designs.
- Build server-side and client-side architecture.
- Build and manage databases and applications. Write effective APIs. Create security and data protection settings.
- Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design.
- Write technical documentation.
- Experience in distributed systems and application scaling
- Working alongside designers for web design features.
Typically has 2+ years of related work experience. Experience with complex development environments, taking abstract concepts and ideas and formulating a detailed software deliverable Experience in developing on cross-functional systems. Deep knowledge of programming. Basic understanding of the SDLC. Highly driven and self-motivated to exceed expectations Ability to work independently and in a team based environment Proficient in both oral and written communication
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran