UPMC Health Plan has an
exciting opportunity for a HEDIS Data Abstractor – Temporary, located in
downtown Pittsburgh at the U.S. Steel Tower. This position will support the
Quality Improvement department and will include hours of 8:00am-4:30pm Monday
The HEDIS Data
Abstractor – Temporary will participate in the Health Plan Effectiveness Data
and Information Set (HEDIS®) program, including data collection and medical
record abstraction under tight time parameters.
- Participate in data collection.
- Make computer data entries.
- Responsible for medical record abstraction.
- Perform functions in a timely and accurate manner.
- Use of Electronic Medical Record systems, including
- Bachelors' degree in a health care field or equivalent
- Prior healthcare experience.
- Familiarity with medical records.
- BSN or RN.
- Health related Masters is preferred.
- Professionalism, enthusiasm and initiative are
- Ability to work independently and as a productive team
member is essential.
High School Diploma Strongly Preferred.
Post-secondary education is preferred.
One year of administrative support working experience is highly preferred.
Must have proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, Outlook and Powerpoint.
Must possess typing skills and working knowledge of word processing, electronic mail/calendar and spreadsheets.
Must possess the ability to learn and effectively use various software programs.
General knowledge and experience with office equipment such as copiers, multi-line phone systems, fax machines and paging systems.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran