Sorry, we’re not accepting applications for this job right now. But don’t go yet! Explore our site
to find more opportunities to join us in transforming the future of health care.
UPMC Health Plan has an
exciting opportunity for a HEDIS Data Abstractor – Temporary, located in
downtown Pittsburgh at the U.S. Steel Tower. This position will support the
Quality Improvement department and will include hours of 8:00am-4:30pm Monday
The HEDIS Data
Abstractor – Temporary will participate in the Health Plan Effectiveness Data
and Information Set (HEDIS®) program, including data collection and medical
record abstraction under tight time parameters.
- Participate in data collection.
- Make computer data entries.
- Responsible for medical record abstraction.
- Perform functions in a timely and accurate manner.
- Use of Electronic Medical Record systems, including
- Bachelors' degree in a health care field or equivalent
- Prior healthcare experience.
- Familiarity with medical records.
- BSN or RN.
- Health related Masters is preferred.
- Professionalism, enthusiasm and initiative are
- Ability to work independently and as a productive team
member is essential.
High School Diploma Strongly Preferred.
Post-secondary education is preferred.
One year of administrative support working experience is highly preferred.
Must have proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, Outlook and Powerpoint.
Must possess typing skills and working knowledge of word processing, electronic mail/calendar and spreadsheets.
Must possess the ability to learn and effectively use various software programs.
General knowledge and experience with office equipment such as copiers, multi-line phone systems, fax machines and paging systems.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran