Under general direction, develop and implement marketing and communication projects to promote UPMC Enterprises and its portfolio companies, and company/product launches. Support marketing, communication and sales strategies for internal and external audiences related to health care innovation and technology.
- Edit and/or write copy for digital channels, publications, letters, advertisements, audio/visual presentations, speeches, and other communication programs to diverse audiences, including internal stakeholders, academics, entrepreneurs, physicians, and software engineers.
- Serve as a marketing consultant to internal and external clients and partners.
- With senior members of the marketing and communications team, develop and implement strategic plans to increase UPMC Enterprises brand visibility and awareness locally and nationally, including support of sponsorships and events.
- Document and report on the results of marketing communications activities and support in evaluation of effectiveness.
- Demonstrate a current knowledge of marketing platforms and channels, including the ability to leverage data and results to gather insights.
- Activate marketing plans for pre-launch and early stage companies.
- Support and execute against strategies to achieve marketing and communication goals that support UPMC Enterprises business objectives, including employee retention and recruitment, inbound business opportunities, product and company launches, and brand recognition.
- Support the research, writing, design and production of any materials for UPMC Enterprises (internal and external audiences) and portfolio companies, including both projects developed and spun out of UPMC and its strategic partners.
- Execute projects within stated budgets, handle approvals and other client relations and take responsibility for accuracy and effectiveness of information communicated.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or a related field required. Minimum of 3 years experience in Marketing or Communications or related field required. Project Management experience required with a keen attention to detail. Experience on a team that provides clients with marketing counsel required. Agency experience a plus. Strong writing skills in several styles (technical, expository, persuasive, and social/web), in order to develop and edit copy for newsletters, advertisements, presentations, case studies, reports, white papers, web, social, and other communication programs. Ability to communicate and collaborate with a broad range of people, including software engineers, product managers, entrepreneurs, medical professionals, academics, and corporate leaders. Ability to assist with translating scientific/medical/financial/regulatory information to a lay person's understanding.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities