Under general direction, strategize, develop, and implement marketing and communication projects to promote UPMC Enterprises and its portfolio companies, and company/product launches. Direct marketing, communication and sales support strategies for internal and external audiences related to health care innovation and technology.
- Develop methods to evaluate communications projects based on effectiveness and cost/benefits, and document the results.
- Provide data-driven marketing insights and demonstrate a current knowledge of marketing platforms and channels.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in other teams and departments at UPMC Enterprises and with departments across the organization to reach internal and external communications targets, and coordinate with pertinent scientific and professional organizations to promote assigned areas.
- Serve as a marketing consultant to internal and external clients and partners.
- Edit and/or write copy for digital channels, publications, letters, advertisements, audio/visual presentations, speeches, and other communication programs to diverse audiences, including academics, entrepreneurs, physicians, and software engineers.
- With senior members of the marketing and communications team, develop and implement strategic plans to increase UPMC Enterprises brand visibility and awareness locally and nationally.
- Manage the research, writing, design and production of any materials for UPMC Enterprises and portfolio companies, including both projects developed and spun out of UPMC and its strategic partners.
- Monitor project budgets; handle approvals and other client relations and take responsibility for accuracy and effectiveness of information communicated.
- Prepare strategies to achieve marketing and communication goals that support UPMC Enterprises business objectives, including employee retention and recruitment, inbound business opportunities, product and company launches, and brand recognition.
- Develop and activate marketing plans for pre-launch and early stage companies.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or a related field required. Minimum of 5 years' experience in Marketing or Communications or related field required. Project Management experience required with a keen attention to detail. Experience providing clients with marketing counsel required. Agency experience a plus. Experience in technology or health care industry is preferred. Excellent writing skills in several styles (technical, expository, persuasive, and social/web), in order to develop and edit copy for newsletters, advertisements, presentations, case studies, reports, white papers, web, social, and other communication programs. Ability to communicate and collaborate with a broad range of people, including software engineers, product managers, entrepreneurs, medical professionals, academics, and corporate leaders. Ability to translate scientific/medical/financial/regulatory information to a lay person's understanding.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities