This position will organize information and data in a way to help programmers, analysts, and health care professionals to gain insights from complex and heterogeneous health data for improved decision making. This position will provide markup of clinical text to be used in evaluating clinical information extraction systems. This position will require communication with team members.
· Create annotations on unstructured clinical notes based on needs of the project, ensuring that all activities are executed with a high level of focus on quality/accuracy and on continually improving derived data and associated processes.
· Maintain data integrity, through-out its lifecycle, across multiple system environments.
· This position is ultimately responsible to address the organization's need for accurate, timely and thoughtful data analysis work using the resources within the organization.
· Accurate and timely record keeping of progress.
· Markup data and sources in a way that can be executed on by an engineering group.
· Work cooperatively and constructively with many other team members.
· Performs in accordance with system-wide competencies/behaviors.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Healthcare related education or linguistics upper level undergraduate or graduate level preferred.
· Knowledge of linguistics syntax
· Previous annotation experience preferred but not required
· Independent & efficient worker
· Good communication skills and team player attitude