Sorry, we’re not accepting applications for this job right now. But don’t go yet! Explore our site
to find more opportunities to join us in transforming the future of health care.
BlueSphere Bio (formally known as TCXpress) is an immunotherapy startup that is the first translational science spinout from UPMC Enterprises. BlueSphere Bio raised a Series A round of $10M in the 4Q of 2018.
We are seeking an exceptionally talented and highly motivated Scientist I/II with Immunology or Cell Biology background to join our group for the development of T cell therapies for oncology, using our TCXpress platform technology. The primarily role for this position is the development of an effective pathway for the expression of engineered T cell receptors in autologous or allogeneic primary human T cells. The ideal candidate will have substantial Immunology/Cell Biology background, with a proven record of advancing projects and developing or implementing new technologies. Both leadership and hands-on responsibilities are associated with this role, as well as interaction with development and basic research functions. The position requires excellent communication skills and ability to lead collaborations with external cross-functional teams. Candidate could also serve as a project leader for the preclinical development of therapeutic targets based on qualifications and experience.Responsibilities:
- Develop data packages and reports for regulatory submissions.
- Establish methodologies for quality assurance using T cell functional assays.
- Generate IP, publish and present in conferences.
- Lead external collaborations with academic and contract research organizations for virus production.
- Lead, train and mentor junior staff.
- Propose, validate and lead adoptive T cell therapies for new therapeutic targets.
- Provide expertise and guidance on T cell immunology including isolation and expansion of autologous and cryopreserved allogeneic primary T cell populations.
- Responsible for establishing an efficient T cell receptor expression platform in primary T cells by developing methodologies and new lenti/retrovirus vector constructs.
- PhD. in Immunology, Cell Biology, or Bioengineering with strong background in Immunology and at least 2-5 years of Post-Doctoral experience in either academic or industrial setting.
- Experience in T cell isolation from leukopacks or PBMCs and culturing conditions and methodologies for in vitro expansion of primary T cell populations.
- Hands on experience with Lentivirus/ Retrovirus preparations, titration methods, and T cell transduction methods and conditions.
- Demonstrated experience in Molecular Biology, basic cloning techniques; sound knowledge of viral vector expression systems, integration site analysis, copy number determination, and quantitative or dd PCR analysis.
- Proficient in immunological phenotyping and functional assay characterization of transduced primary T cells, including surface expression, signaling, cell based killing assays, cytokine secretion, proliferation and exhaustion.
- Experience with multi-color flow cytometry and analysis.
- Experience with automation and liquid handling instrumentation will be highly considered.
- Previous managerial and project leadership experience of cross-functional teams is desirable.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills are required.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities