At Curavi Health, we are focused on delivering innovative solutions that aim to enhance the health and well-being of patients and residents in post-acute care.
This approach incorporates the highly-effective combination of telemedicine and clinical decision support, delivered through a seasoned implementation process.
We are proud to offer a comprehensive, after-hours telehealth solution that provides access to fellowship-trained geriatricians, and is designed to significantly reduce avoidable hospitalizations.
This position offers flexible scheduling!! This position will work weekday shifts from 4pm-12am. Rotating weekend shifts will be required. Weekend shifts will be from 8am-4pm.
This role is to support the Reduce Avoidable hospitalizations using Evidence-based interventions for Nursing facilities in Western Pennsylvania (RAVEN) Initiatives in the implementation and ongoing delivery of telemedicine intervention within the participating facilities throughout Western, PA.
Also, this role supports the Curavi Facilities and Physicians in providing clinical services to participating facilities. Responsible for the delivery of education and product development initiatives for Curavi Health. The successful candidate will provide on-site clinical support as a Telepresenter for telemedicine consultation in collaboration RAVEN and Curavi clinical staff and our participating facilities and physicians.
In this role, a telepresenter is as an RN that presents a patient located in a nursing home to the physician or nurse practitioner located at different location. A telepresenter is not required as a condition of payment unless a telepresenter is medically necessary as determined by the physician or practitioner at the distant site. The primary location of this role will be centrally located among a pre-determined group of facilities with the ability to dispatch to surrounding facilities within one hour of a request for telepresentation services.Responsibilities:
- *The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all of the work requirements that may be inherent in the job, nor shall it be interpreted as limiting an employee in performing duties other than those normally performed or from helping employees in other positions or units.
- Ability to collaborate professionally and effectively with Curavi telemedicine CRNP's and physicians.
- Ability to travel to the participating RAVEN and Curavi SNFs for telemedicine implementation, training and support.
- Ability to work flexible schedule, including off shifts and weekends.
- Active participant in Customer workflow assessments. i.e. Skilled Nursing Facility.
- Assist in data collection and tracking of clinical, quality, safety and financial outcomes as well as patient and provider satisfaction related to telemedicine services.
- Assumes responsibility for assigned work and views problems as challenges.
- Completes HIPAA compliance training in the facilities where they will be performing Telepresenter duties.
- Complies with facilities' requested orientation process in order to function fully as an RN in each participating facility, providing resident assessments and care, taking verbal orders and appropriately documenting.
- Complies with safety policies and procedures including standard precautions.
- Conducts ongoing training needs assessments of Curavi end users.
- Constructively receives feedback and direction.
- Demonstrates awareness of behavior on the efficient functioning of the department.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of Curavi telemedicine equipment, specialized clinical equipment, and accessories (Curavi Products) and is able to train end user on proper operation in order to facilitate successful clinical consultations.
- Demonstrates efficient assessment skills while telepresenting.
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication/presentation skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to troubleshoot computer problems or notify the appropriate person when problems occur.
- Ensures nurses, physicians and CRNP/PAs are trained in the use of Curavi Products, utilizing available resources.
- Establishes appropriate and effective communication strategies.
- Is knowledgeable on the signs and symptoms associated with the clinical conditions that are appropriate for Curavi telemedicine consultations.
- Maintains a clean professional appearance, demonstrates personal dignity, and a positive attitude.
- Objectively observes and educates end users utilizing unit rounds and virtual interactions to identify ongoing educational needs regarding clinical issues related to telemedicine consults, product utilization, and software application upgrades. Prioritizes issues and reports them accordingly.
- Organizes training programs and provides training of Curavi Products to end users based upon end user and organizational needs. Develops and delivers population specific learning, and evaluates training outcomes.
- Participate in workgroups when needed.
- Participates in performance assessment and improvement initiatives on the identification, design, testing, and evaluation of Curavi Products.
- Performs work in a timely and productive manner and meets defined deadlines.
- Prior to performing new or challenging skills, requests assistance and reviews relevant policies and procedures and educational materials.
- Promotes a positive team atmosphere, pro-actively identifying areas of success and opportunities for improvement that can assist with team growth and development.
- Provide input into teleconsultation and other telemedicine services.
- Responds to training needs in a timely manner.
- Responsible for consult volume and product utilization by end users.
- Strictly adheres to all policies and practices relative to resident care and hospital related information.
- Suggests and supports changes within the department/organization.
- Tracks issues and works to improve processes, efficiency, and utilization of Curavi Products. Makes recommendations for training, education, and product improvements.
- Travel: Position requires travel to various facilities, valid PA driver�s license, and proof of auto liability required.
- Uses Office 365 applications such as Outlook, SharePoint and Planner.
- Uses available Curavi tools and resources when training.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Minimum of two years of clinical experience preferred.
- Skilled Nursing Facility / LTC knowledge required, work experience strongly preferred
- Geriatric care for the older adult knowledge base required
- Relevant teaching experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Computer literacy required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 preferred
- Creative and flexible in nature, with the ability to adapt to a rapidly changing, dynamic environment
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
- Current Pennsylvania RN License.
- CPR Required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire.
- Basic Life Support
- Registered Nurse