Sorry, we’re not accepting applications for this job right now. But don’t go yet! Explore our site
to find more opportunities to join us in transforming the future of health care.
The Director, Administration serves as a strategic advisor to the EVP of Translational Sciences; assumes day-to-day responsibility for assigned projects and tasks; creates and maintains relationships to enable leadership success. 1. Expands Team's Bandwidth and Resources: Integrates quickly into the organization and assesses issues that serve as barriers to a team or organization operating at maximum effectiveness. Assumes day-to-day tasks to enable EVP to focus on larger strategic organizational initiatives. Tasks may include team management, meeting preparation, taking lead on projects, managing hiring processes. 2. Strategic Advisor: acts as a trusted advisor and provides support on internal and external communications, operations, and interactions with portfolio company Board of Directors. 3. Relationship Builder: becomes well connected with other leaders on the team and across the organization to influence outcomes, help garner support for the leadership team, and foster long-term partnerships that are critical to organizational success.Responsibilities:
- Assists in setting EVP's priorities: Helps identify the key areas where they must direct their focus and identifies metrics for success. Creates & update dashboards for reviewing key performance indicators. Supports EVP in process of annual strategic planning for the organization.
- Creates systems and processes to streamline operations.
- Manages EVP's schedule: Supervises assistants, integrates long term travel calendar, evaluates requests for meetings and determines fit with priorities. Assures that EVP receives next day's schedule, with meeting agendas and reading materials by close of business.
- Meeting preparation and follow up: Reviews upcoming meetings to ensure EVP has all of the information needed to be as productive as possible. Sends out agendas or documents to meeting attendees as necessary. Manages the meeting cadence for the leadership team and boards of directors, ensuring materials are sent in advance, time is well spent, and objectives are achieved.
- Monitors information flow: acts as a gatekeeper, ensuring EVP's involvement in a project or decision-making process at the right moment.
- Oversees large, often cross-functional organization-wide projects or initiatives.
- Plans and manages team retreats, step-backs, and other special events.
- Researches, analyzes and benchmarks Translational Sciences' organization: Works with HR to make recommendations to EVP regarding reporting relationships, promotions, salaries and titles. Leads hiring processes: drafting & posting job descriptions, outlining an interview process, and screening candidates for roles reporting to the EVP.
- Reviews Internal and External Communications: drafts reports, pitch decks, speeches, and presentations for the EVP.
- Bachelors Degree in relevant field required, life sciences field preferred Advanced degree, MBA, MS, or PhD preferred
- 8+ years of relevant professional experience in the life science or healthcare industry Advanced degrees accepted in lieu of experience
- Relevant scientific and/or business experience
- Demonstrated ability to independently analyze complex scientific and business problems
- Project management experience including framing projects, developing work plans, and completing the required deliverables accurately and on time
- Ability to work in and manage small cross-functional teams
- The ability to effectively manage upward and downward to drive consensus and achieve critical project goals
- Strong project and people management skills
- Superb writing/presentation/communication skills
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Expected to have a comprehensive business analysis toolkit honed in relevant life science or healthcare industry roles (e.g., commercial or product planning, business development, investing, etc.), including: Scientific and technical assessment of business opportunities
- Commercial assessment of business opportunities
- Primary and secondary market research
- Competitive landscape assessments
- Market or product-level revenue forecasting
- Assessment of commercial opportunities
- Financial valuation and high-level operational modeling
- Ability to travel as needed
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities