Sorry, we’re not accepting applications for this job right now. But don’t go yet! Explore our site
to find more opportunities to join us in transforming the future of health care.
The Data Analyst will lead and perform complex analysis in an evolving data environment. In addition to very strong technical skills, this position will have superb business process analysis and interpersonal skills. The ability to extract and analyze data, patterns, and related trends is needed, with the subsequent ability to query and synthesize the data into information consumable by senior business decision makers. In this role, you will analyze and visualize data on a project basis to enhance operational efficiency for healthcare supply chain organizations. Responsible for the full lifecycle of analytic activities to include: requirements gathering and data designs, development of analytic tools and reporting capabilities, and continuous monitoring of performance and quality control plans to identify improvements. The Data Analyst will transform the data found inside of an organization into new information critical to business decisions. We are looking for a passionate Data Analyst to turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources such as ERP systems, MMIS systems and Contract repository systems
- Analyzing Data into Reports and Summaries - The Analyst is responsible to develop data extracts and reports using scripts, data filters, sort and list data, adding groupings and subtotals. The Analyst will be able to interpret general requirements gathered from executives who need to interpret the data. It is the Analyst's job to determine the source of the data and design the appropriate reports or summary lists.
- Cleaning Data - Once the data has been collected, in order to allow for proper comparison, the analyst must filter and clean the data to remove errors and ensure consistency and completeness of data. Cleansing routines should be used to transform abbreviations found inside the data, as well as, identify like matches where data values may have been keyed incorrectly, may have partially matching strings or values may be missing. The Analyst will need some programming skills to write cleansing scripts to correct errors.
- Design and prepare standard and ad hoc reports and summaries for statistical analysis and planning purposes
- Design, create and implement programs and templates to collect, display and analyze data for assigned projects and/or Prodigo customers
- Develop and implement data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality
- Develop routines that compare data for exact matches, likely matches and misses
- Filter the data, then selects a format that effectively presents the information
- Gathering Data - Collecting the data to be studied. Data may come from corporate databases, ERP system, spreadsheets or other structured sources. The Analysts will design systems, processes and templates for capturing data then gather and analyze the results.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing
- Maintain databases/data systems
- Select and use appropriate tools to perform data extraction, modeling, transformation, cleansing, loading, and interpretation.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities