Sorry, we’re not accepting applications for this job right now. But don’t go yet! Explore our site
to find more opportunities to join us in transforming the future of health care.
Plans and completes bioinformatic, data management and analytics efforts of Therapeutic Tumor Microenvironment Strategies, a UPMC Enterprises funded biotech startup, reporting to the Lead Computational Biologist.Responsibilities:
- Drives project specific interrogation and data mining of research database to support hypothesis-driven target discovery.
- Ensures adherence to data security standards required to conduct work in a HIPPA compliant data management and sharing.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours as necessary, and work beyond 40hrs is likely to be required.
- Provides bioinformatics and computational biology support related to the identified goals of TTMS.
- Supports Lead Computational Biologist in developing data and analysis strategies that include comprehensive mapping of the relevant analytical sample and phenotypic clinical patient data to be integrated for target discovery.
- Supports the company leadership and the Lead Computational Biologist in establishing data infrastructure and analytics tools that meet operational and regulatory requirements associated with the management and interrogation of clinical patient data.
- Works with and reports to the scientific founders and the TTMS Pre-Clinical Program Coordinator to investigate the most promising targets within the tumor microenvironment for the development of therapeutics.
- PhD in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics or Computational Biology or combined degree.
- Experience in applying these skills in a life science and laboratory setting.
- Postdoctoral work experience (>2 years) with increasing responsibility would be preferred.
- Experience with research database development focused on, but not limited to transcriptomic (incl. analysis of bulk and single cell RNASeq) and clinical phenotypic data.
- Experience working with large data sets and able to perform large data mining projects.
- Experience in developing and validating multi-parametric, algorithm-based statistical approaches to identify meaningful correlations with clinical outcomes, including experience in QCing, annotating and integrating a broad range of multi-source data-points/signals for target discovery.
- Experience interfacing with and implementing cloud-based data storage and analytics.
- The ideal candidate is product and goal oriented, focused on a career in biotech.
- They are highly efficient and organized, and have a demonstrated ability to adhere to and follow defined timelines, milestone, and objectives.
- They can deal with uncertainty and solve problems creatively and independently with solid judgement.
- The ideal candidate has demonstrated success in highly dynamic research and/or biotech setting.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities