Sorry, we’re not accepting applications for this job right now. But don’t go yet! Explore our site
to find more opportunities to join us in transforming the future of health care.
BlueSphere Bio (formally known as TCXpress) is an immunotherapy startup that is the first translational science spinout from UPMC Enterprises. BlueSphere Bio raised a Series A round of $10M in the 4Q of 2018.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Research Associate/Biology to join our group for the development of novel therapeutics in the field of Cancer Immunotherapy. The incumbent will work on the development of a series of in vitro and ex vivo functional assays for the characterization of neoantigen specific T cell receptors, utilizing a range of Molecular Biology and Cell Culture techniques. She/he would be responsible for assay development, miniaturization and implementation to high throughput functional screening assays. The Research Associate will join a team performing diverse functions, assisting both in the preclinical advancement of TCR leads and product characterization in early clinical development.Responsibilities:
- Characterize cells using multi-parameter Flow Cytometry and Data Analysis.
- Clone proteins into mammalian expression vectors including retrovirus and lentivirus vectors.
- Maintain accurate sample and laboratory records, including human tissue bio-banking.
- Optimize and help develop conditions for optimal gene delivery.
- Organize and conduct assigned studies, independently, following and adhering to current experimental protocols.
- Participate in the development and standardization of cellular based assays in high throughput format using liquid handlers and automated culturing instruments.
- Perform cell based and ex-vivo functional assays.
- Present regularly to management and team meetings.
- Transfect, establish and characterize new cell lines.
- Using appropriate cell lines and primary cells help develop secondary and tertiary screening assays such as cytokine secretion, killing and proliferation assays to validate and differentiate between candidate T cell receptor constructs.
- Work closely with our clinical team to advance and validate lead TCR candidates.
- Masters degree (MS) in Immunology, Oncology, or Cell Biology or equivalent experience preferred, Bachelor of Science (BS) degree required.
- At least 3 years of working experience preferred.
- Experience in Biotech/ Pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
- Demonstrated work in Molecular Biology including RT-PCR, qPCR, cloning, and gene manipulation, including bioinformatic analysis.
- Hands-on experience with multi-parameter Flow Cytometry and data analysis is highly preferred.
- Experience in cell culturing techniques, preferentially with primary and T cell lines, including expansion, activation, and enrichment of primary T cells.
- Demonstrated experience with standard immunology assays such as ELISAs, ELISPOTs, cytokine secretion, cytotoxicity, and proliferation assays.
- Hands-on experience with transductions and transfection instrumentation is desirable.
- Experience with automation and robotic instrumentation is an advantage.
- Previous experience in Laboratory Information Management Systems preferred.
- Proficiency with analytical software, e.g. PRISM, FlowJo, Excel.
- Efficiency and organization, with ability to adhere to timelines and milestones.
- Excellent communications and presentation skills are highly important.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities