At UPMC Enterprises, we use innovation and creativity to tackle exciting projects and develop cutting-edge technology to improve the lives of people all over the globe. Our daily work is nimble and entrepreneurial, cultivating new ideas to challenge the health care status quo. The office culture of UPMC Enterprises is also a reflection of this. In Bakery Square, you will find us in the heart of Pittsburgh’s Innovation Corridor. We have a casual dress code, flexible work hours, opportunities for professional development, as well as many employee-led efforts and activities.
Under the general direction of the Client Services Manager and UPMC Enterprises Management, this Intermediate position requires a high degree of experienced technical attributes, analytical capabilities, and ability to perform tasks such as: executing project plans, implementing and/or maintaining Cloud environments, and providing services to meet client and business needs within budget and targeted deadlines.
- As a team member of the Cloud Infrastructure team, continue to focus on current best practices around techniques, process and new technologies pertaining to Cloud environments and market delivery.
- Document Cloud architectures, policies and procedures. Performs research and analysis required for project proposals, system modifications, and new products.
- Execute on technical design, delivery, and architecture on major new platforms and products for a team of engineers.
- Follow procedures and maintain scripts to deploy software onto new and existing Cloud server infrastructure.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned, including responding to problems in an on-call situation 24 hours a day during a rotation.
- Review Cloud tool sets regularly for efficiency and cost for performance.
- Support rapid Cloud solution implementations and customer engagements related to Cloud computing solutions.
A candidate must have 2+ years systems engineering experience with a proven track record of participating in a small to medium sized solutions projects of moderate complexity.
Minimum One (1) years experience with Cloud computing technologies and techniques Experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud services.
One (1) years experience with private and public Cloud design considerations and limitations in the areas of virtualization and global infrastructure, distributed systems, load balancing and networking, massive data storage, and security.
Strong analytical, communication and problem solving skills.
Working knowledge in Information Security, Data Privacy and regulatory compliance as it pertains to data.
Working knowledge of Cloud services in relation to current HIPAA regulations.
Ability to request information and provide status on the testing state of the installation process to broad groups of development, infrastructure and downstream groups.
Working knowledge of object oriented and scripting languages such as ruby, bash, PHP, python.
Working knowledge of systems architecture technologies such as Linux, Amazon Web Services and container technologies Kubernetes and Docker.
Working knowledge of common software engineering tools such as GIT, JIRA, Artifactory, Confluence or similar.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
A preferred candidate would have two of the following three AWS certifications: AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate AWS Certified Developer - Associate AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities