Sorry, we’re not accepting applications for this job right now. But don’t go yet! Explore our site
to find more opportunities to join us in transforming the future of health care.
The Software Engineer - Technical Lead, Computer Vision will work as part of a team to develop cutting-edge mobile solutions aimed at a range of devices including mobile phones and tablet computers. You will be working alongside other designers, engineers, and developers working on different layers of the product. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products is essential. Additionally, the Software Engineer - Technical Lead is responsible for defining technical requirements and detailed designs based on customer requirements and defined architecture standards. The Software Engineer - Tech Lead constructs or participates in Proof of Concept projects.
An ideal candidate will possess a high level of creativity, and a strong desire to thrive in a cross-disciplinary, collaborative environment. Strong theoretical and applied skills in all relevant areas of computer vision on mobile platforms required. Areas of focus include 3D mapping, visual positioning systems, augmented reality, simultaneous localization and mapping (SLAM), and visual odometry on mobile devices. Experience with native mobile software development on one or more platforms (iOS/Android) preferred.
- Application Development Cycle - Show the ability to define how to use different SDLCs. Establish process around SDLCs.
- Communication - Responsible for demonstrating appropriate, clear, concise, and effective written and oral communications in all interactions to build relationships and accomplish day to day work and projects.
- Design - Implement the overall system design. Exhibit awareness of user experience standards.
- Documentation - Create detail-oriented documentation that outlines new and moderately complex processes. Responsible for quality and validity of documentation.
- Integration - Responsible for more complex integration between modules.
- Interactions with Others - Successfully completes projects, tasks, and initiatives by embracing a team-first approach. Works in collaboration with team and offers feedback, where appropriate, to complete individual and group efforts. Shows the ability to adjust and be flexible to change by adapting approach when necessary. Mentors less experienced staff.
- Project Management - Responsible For time tracking and updating documentation. Plan and lead projects, including staff coordination. Collaborate with other technical teams, as appropriate, for successful completion of projects. Lead POC Evaluations.
- Quality - Demonstrate the ability to conduct code review of others.
- Security - Validate and review secure processes and protocols. Ensure that processes/protocols are followed by junior level staff.
- Self Development - Responsible for continuous self-study, trainings, partnering with management and more senior members of team, and/or seeking out opportunities to broaden scope to stay up to date with industry and organizational trends. Seeks feedback from management and more senior team members for development and effectively incorporates feedback into work and behaviors.
- Troubleshooting - Solve multiple issues concurrently. Coordinate, delegate, and mentor less experienced staff with issue resolution.
Typically has 7+ years of related work experience.
Experience with complex development environments, taking abstract concepts and ideas and formulating a detailed software deliverable.
Experience in developing on cross-functional systems.
Deep knowledge of developing complete systems.
Mastery of the SDLC.
Highly driven and self-motivated to exceed expectations.
Ability to work independently and demonstrated ability to lead in a team based environment.
Proficient in both oral and written communication.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities