Sorry, we’re not accepting applications for this job right now. But don’t go yet! Explore our site
to find more opportunities to join us in transforming the future of health care.
This role is to support the Reduce Avoidable hospitalizations using Evidence-based interventions for Nursing facilities in Western Pennsylvania (RAVEN) Initiatives CRNPs and Enhanced Care RNs in the implementation and ongoing delivery of telemedicine intervention within the participating facilities throughout Western, PA. The role is to also support the Curavi Facilities and Physicians in providing clinical services to participating facilities. The successful candidate will provide clinical support for telemedicine consultation in collaboration RAVEN and Curavi clinical staff and our participating facilities and physicians. The Staff Advanced Practice Provider (APP) is a Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner and a member of the care delivery team. The Staff APP is responsible to set the standards for the level and quality of care. This position will work a flexible schedule all on-call during the evenings, overnight, and weekend. The shifts Monday through Friday are 6:00 PM to 6:00 AM and Friday through Monday 24 hour shifts all on-call. You are responsible for 15 facilities all in Western PA answering calls or telemedicine. This position is grant funded.
The Staff APP has responsibility, authority and accountability for the provision of care through supervision by and collaboration with a physician. The Staff APP manages and provides patient care activities for a group of patients and their families through the application of independent judgment, communication and collaboration with all team members. The role of the Staff APP encompasses the beginnings of leadership, partnership, collaboration and supervision. The Staff APP establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with physicians, other health care providers, patients and their families, to achieve desired patient outcomes throughout the continuum of care. The Staff APP begins to demonstrate a commitment to the community and to their healthcare profession.Responsibilities:
- Ability to work flexible schedule, including off shifts and weekends.
- Administer medications and injections in compliance with state law and clinic guidelines.
- Assist in data collection and tracking of clinical, quality, safety and financial outcomes as well as patient and provider satisfaction related to telemedicine services.
- Comply with requirements of appropriate regulatory agencies (i.e. OSHA, CLIA, PA Department of Health).
- Document patient information and care provided in patient record and maintain statistics.
- Educate patients regarding health and illness prevention.
- Initiate or complete administrative tasks and acquire all necessary information, instructions, and materials as required.
- Instruct patient/family regarding medications and treatments.
- Interpret and integrate data to determine preliminary diagnosis and therapeutic plan.
- Order and interpret appropriate laboratory and diagnostic tests and procedures.
- Participate in activities that contribute to education and research, including precepting students.
- Perform medical evaluations and complete physical exams, obtain complete medical history and record findings via telemedicine in response to identified need/request from nursing, attending physician or other staff.
- Provide clinical support for telemedicine consultation in collaboration with RAVEN clinical staff , our participating RAVEN facilities/physicians and Curavi facility staff and physicians.
- Provide continuity of patient care in collaboration with other health care professionals.
- Provide input into teleconsultation and other telemedicine services.
- Recommend community resources to meet patient and family needs.
- Triage patient telephone calls and provide consultation.
The individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care and/or interact appropriately to the patients served as specified below. They must also demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his/her age-specific needs and to provide the care needs as described in the department policy and procedures.
Special Skills and Abilities Required:
- The successful completion of an approved nurse practitioner program is required
- BSN, MSN is preferred
- Professional nursing experience and/or nurse practitioner experience is preferred
- Ability to establish and maintain positive, caring relationships with executives, managers, physicians, non-physician providers, ancillary and support staff, other departments, and patients/families.
- Ability to work productively and effectively within a complex environment, handle multiple/changing priorities and specialized equipment.
- Critical thinking, analytical and problem solving abilities required as related to various aspects of patient care.
- Good clinical judgment.
- Critical thinking skills necessary to exercise and to lead others in application of acceptable standards of practice.
- Mobility and visual manual dexterity.
- Physical stamina for frequent walking, standing, lifting and positioning of patients.
This position is dependent upon successful attainment and maintenance of hospital privileges, if applicable to the Business Unit practice.Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- Current state RN license and CRNP certification are required
- National certification, eligible for licensure by Pennsylvania board of nursing, eligible for certification as a CRNP by Pennsylvania state board of nursing
- Current CPR certification is required
- Act 34 Clearance required
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities