Sorry, we’re not accepting applications for this job right now. But don’t go yet! Explore our site
to find more opportunities to join us in transforming the future of health care.
BlueSphere Bio (formally known as TCXpress) is an immunotherapy startup that is the first translational science spinout from UPMC Enterprises. BlueSphere Bio raised a Series A round of $10M in the 4Q of 2018 (https://iqmediacorp.com/lnarticle?id=38209692761).
Currently we are searching for a talented individual to join our team as a Scientist I on the discovery and development of new T cell therapies for cancer. The incumbent will apply her/his knowledge for the development of a series of in vitro and ex vivo functional assays for the characterization of neoantigen specific T cell receptors and assist with the advancement of identified TCR leads to the clinic. The position is mainly bench based with the supervision of at least one direct report. Candidate could also serve as a project leader for the preclinical development of therapeutic targets based on qualifications and experience.Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the development and design of novel T cell therapies and that might lead to company intellectual property.
- Design, develop and standardize functional screening assays for the characterization of neoantigen specific T cell receptors in high throughput format.
- Design, plan and perform Molecular Biology experiments for protein expression, tumor cell characterization and lentivirus construction.
- Establish SOPs and maintain accurate sample and record keeping, including human tissue biobanking.
- Optimize and develop conditions for optimal gene delivery using viral and non-viral vectors to primary cells.
- Present regularly to management and cross functional teams, contributing with scientific insights and helping with the strategy for the advancement of clinical candidates.
- Responsible for Immunology and Cell Biology.
- Supervision of one or more Research Technicians.
- Using appropriate cell lines and primary cells develop secondary and tertiary screening assays such as cytokine secretion, killing and proliferation assays to validated and differentiate between candidate T cell receptor constructs.
- Work close with our clinical teams to advance and validate lead candidates.
- PhD. in Immunology, Oncology, or Cell Biology required, with 2-5 years of Post-Doctoral experience preferred.
- Experience in Biotech/ Pharmaceutical industry with supervision duties is preferred.
- Prior experience in the field of adoptive cell therapy (ACT) either on CART-T or TCR-T field is desirable.
- Experience with primary and T cell lines, including expansion, activation, and enrichment of primary T cells is highly preferred.
- Understanding of T cell immunobiology, with some background in signal transduction, and experience in developing functional assays for the elucidation of signaling pathways.
- Previous experience with isolation of tumor infiltrating lymphocytes (TILs) from excised tumors is preferable.
- Hands on experience with multi-parameter Flow-Cytometry and data analysis is required.
- Demonstrated experience with standard immunology assays such as ELISAs, ELISPOTs, cytokine secretion, cytotoxicity, and proliferation assays is desirable.
- Demonstrated independent work as well as experience to work with multi-functional teams is preferable.
- Proven oral and written communication skills, as through publications and oral presentations, is also required.
- Previous experience as project leader and/or supervisor would be a strength.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities