Explore the idea of visualizing search results with charts and graph:
Identify user needs and build consensus around those needs.
Evaluate if this is a problem worth solving and explore where we can make an impact.
Quickly visualize and prototype ideas to communicate concepts.
Advocate for design by sharing your work and presenting cross-functionally, while being able to precisely articulate design rationale.
Explore the idea of query expansion and enhanced search across structured and unstructured data:
Discover the problem we’re trying to solve.
Understand the current technical limitations and our approach.
Brainstorm and build concepts, wireframes, or prototypes.
Test ideas with the users.
Analyze findings and iterate design based on feedback.
We’re looking for students who…
• Are passionate and determined to make a difference.
• Want to be a game changer and create new ways of thinking and executing.
• Believe in our Core Values. They are not just written on the walls. We demonstrate our commitment to these values daily.
• Have emerging leadership abilities, entrepreneurial spirit, and thrive in a collaborative environment.
• Care about the work they do, the people we work with and the patients we work for.
• Pride themselves on their integrity. It’s not just about the work we do, but how we do it.
A portfolio demonstrating relevant design capabilities is required.
Core interaction design principles and skills including concept sketching, creating interaction models, wireframing, developing information architecture, and flow mapping.
Hands-on experience in qualitative research (either academic or professional) required.
Comfortable with design software, such as Sketch, Illustrator, InVision etc.
Passionate, detail oriented, hardworking, self-motivated, and proactive.
Solid interpersonal and communication skills.
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities