Under the direction of management, the PC Consultant - Senior will provide day to day support for the UPMC community end user computing devices. This support could include hardware, application, and data communications troubleshooting. The PC Consultant - Senior leads tasks and projects as directed by Supervisor or Manager.
- Ability to manage time, tickets, and workload
- Actively grows skills through self-study, trainings, partnering with management, and/or seeking out opportunities to broaden scope. Seeks feedback from management for development and effectively incorporates feedback into work and behaviors.
- Actively participate in mentoring Associate and Intermediate level technicians.
- Assist and coordinate with relocating standard desktop computers and devices within the UPMC end user community.
- Demonstrates appropriate, clear, concise, and effective written and oral communications.
- Draws on IT knowledge, previous experience, and other resources to independently resolve issues.
- Follow procedures for documentation of PC Support services to the UPMC end user community. Update all project management and time tracking tools accordingly.
- Manage projects with guidance of leadership.
- Provide second level support for problem requests escalated by the ISD Help Desk and coordinates with UPMC personnel and vendors to resolve issues. Report back to the ISD Help Desk and end user, regarding problem status until resolved. Document request status and resolution activities.
- Provide service to ISD client community, patients, families and visitors, while protecting the integrity and confidentiality of all data and information through physical and electronic measures.
- Values team success over individual success. Collaborates with other team members and provides feedback in team interactions. Shows the ability to adjust and be flexible to change. Mentors less experienced staff.
Typically has 5+ years of desktop support and desktop support practices.
Must be willing and able to report for work at various UPMC facilities.
Ability to perform advanced/complex IT procedures and protocols.
Ability to lift 50 pounds and walk up and down hills, to reach the various end user sites at UPMC.
Additionally, this position may be required to maintain a stand by status as part of a rotation within the team. This requires 24 hours per day, 7 days per week availability during the stand by period. The frequency varies based upon the number of colleagues in the rotation.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities