BlueSphere Bio (formally known as TCXpress) is an immunotherapy startup that is the first translational science spinout from UPMC Enterprises. BlueSphere Bio raised a Series A round of $10M in the 4Q of 2018 (https://iqmediacorp.com/lnarticle?id=38209692761).
This position reports to the Interim Chief Executive Officer and is responsible for overseeing office and laboratory operations including, but not limited to, administrative processes, purchasing, basic lab management and special projects for BlueSphere Bio. This person will be versed in all operational aspects of BlueSphere Bio acting as a subject matter expert supporting all operational areas and interacting with staff to answer questions and resolve issues as they arise.Responsibilities:
- Act as a key resource for problem resolution. This includes resolution of match exceptions, receiving issues, vendor issues, and addressing end-user needs.
- Arrange for and coordinate needed service visits.
- Arrange travel schedule and reservations for executive management as needed. Coordinate special projects and event planning.
- Assist Senior Management with process improvement activities to ensure the most efficient requisitioning process.
- Assist leadership with administrative and operational responsibilities related to finance, human resources, program management, and legal matters, as appropriate.
- Attends meetings on behalf of Senior Management as required.
- Communicate purchase requisition status with end-users as appropriate.
- Ensure lab personnel are carrying out standard maintenance on schedule.
- Establish collaborative working relationships as projects permit to meet the needs of the clients and organization.
- Expedite open orders to ensure timely delivery of products and services.
- Interacts with staff at all levels in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Manages special projects as assigned by Senior Management team; develops/maintains plans, as needed.
- Monitor basic functioning of equipment.
- Monitor purchase requisitions and disbursement requests ensuring that expenses are within budget guidelines.
- Process all assigned purchase requisitions according to established guidelines.
- Provide high-level administrative support by conducting research, preparing statistical reports, handling information requests, and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings.
- Report status of projects on an as needed basis to Senior Management.
- Respond to outages and error messages by simple problem resolution when possible.
- Responsible for coordinating meetings, requiring interaction with both internal and external executives and assistants to coordinate a variety of complex executive meetings
- Responsible for ensuring continued competitive operating leverages and efficiencies are achieved through economies of scale and skill.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience required. MBA preferred.
- Minimum seven to ten years general business experience required.
- Excellent planning communication, documentation, analytical and problem-solving abilities required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction required. Strong interpersonal, organizational, and project management skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously required.
- Proficient in MS Office suite required; exposure to Slack and other communication apps preferred.
- Experience in health care technology or health care industry preferred. Understanding of business administration.
- Ability to interact effectively with staff at all levels of the organization including senior management.
- Ability to be effective while working independently and within a team environment.